Ahci on xp

The driver Dell provides for XP isnt compatible with AHCI from my experience and it doesnt work out of the box (you cant boot from the XP disc which would be a bad thing if you need to recover the system). Unless there's a specific reason why you need it you're not really missing much.

I have a Quad-boot Machine

Hi kairozamorro,

Thanks for the reply. I have a quadboot machine thats why I need the ahci mode because only xp on my 4 os dont run with the ahci mode. Since xp dont run ahci out of the box when I install it I heard that there is a driver for that. I already downloaded the chipset driver on intel but still cant run it. I hope there somebody can help me with this.

Thanks.

Hi kairozamorro,

Thanks for the reply. I have a quadboot machine thats why I need the ahci mode because only xp on my 4 os dont run with the ahci mode. Since xp dont run ahci out of the box when I install it I heard that there is a driver for that. I already downloaded the chipset driver on intel but still cant run it. I hope there somebody can help me with this.

Thanks.
Have you tried the Intel Matrix Storage Manager? It worked for me, and I can boot XP in AHCI mode.

Back