Vista boot

I have a new Hard drive I have managed to get initialized, formated and partitioned, ready to go. I also have Vista Ultimate on this pc, and have copied it to the new HD. How do I get a Vista boot disc so I can boot the new HD and run setup? or do I need a boot disc?

Are you trying to achieve moving your existing install to a bigger hard disk? Easeus Disk Copy may be able to help with that. We don't offer or encourage download of an Windows install disc. Our recovery discs are only used for recovery of non-booting installs.

If you put the DVD in the tray and boot the PC, it should say "press any key to boot from CD".
If it does, do as it says.
If it doesn't, you need to alter the BIOS to boot from CD before HDD.

answer

I have a new Hard drive I have managed to get initialized, formated and partitioned, ready to go. I also have Vista Ultimate on this pc, and have copied it to the new HD. How do I get a Vista boot disc so I can boot the new HD and run setup? or do I need a boot disc?

what i know is that vista doesn't need a boot disc to run setup. it is created to be bootable. so what you will have to do place your vista disc to your CD/DVD drive, restart your PC and it leads you to vista setup.

or, do you mean you want to have dual OS? the old drive with your existing OS and the new drive with a vista?

if so, simple double click on the setup file on your vista installer folder in the new drive, follow the setup process and make sure to select the new drive as your destination for installation.

hope this helps. :wink:

Back