Vista Recovery Fails with Gray Screen with an "X" in the middle

ddmGA

I'm trying to repair the first drive in the pc (use it for a copy of the system) after a disc clone of the "live" drive.

When I boot the repair disk (neosmart purchase), it get to the point where it sends "discover" 2 or 3 times then the gray screen with the "X" shows up?

Anybody know what is going on?

Thanks.

Same problem with Vista recovery tool.

I'm trying to repair the first drive in the pc (use it for a copy of the system) after a disc clone of the "live" drive.

When I boot the repair disk (neosmart purchase), it get to the point where it sends "discover" 2 or 3 times then the gray screen with the "X" shows up?

Thanks.

I have exactly the same problem. Trying to restore a Vaio w/ Vista. System screwed up when Microsoft update failed. Now unbootable. No rescue disks. Cannot access drive. Cannot bot ion Safe mode.
I NEED this solution to work!
Please help .

Thanks.

What software did you use to "clone" the live drive? Cause this is not built into the EasyRE from what I remember. Unless changes were made recently there was no CloneZilla, Acronis or FOG functions built into EasyRE. Which means that it was only a copy/paste of these files which will not produce the same result as you expect as you dont copy system protected files nor hidden files with such measures. So you will be missing big chunks of Windows and that is why it wont work properly.

I have exactly the same problem. Trying to restore a Vaio w/ Vista. System screwed up when Microsoft update failed. Now unbootable. No rescue disks. Cannot access drive. Cannot bot ion Safe mode.
I NEED this solution to work!
Please help .

You can contact Sony to get recovery disks or Microsoft. The disks we provide are not for recovery. They are repair disks for boot failures and system restore points. They have no function built in to do recoveries.

Back