help major loss

windows recover cd loads me up to a other user screen! i cant log in to windows! all my memories for the past 5 yrs are on theis computer and i have no installation cd or backups! help me please
:lup:

No! After I run recovery disk, windows vista appers to be loading! Then on the windows login screen the only thing I see is a other user button my user button is not present and it won't let me log in under my user name or password!

If you've got the BIOS properly set for USB boot but the stick still doesn't appear to be booting, have you tried booting it on another PC to check that it really does work as a bootable device ?

the usb recovery works but after it does its thing and i restart my computer windows vista starts to bot up- al the way to the windows vista login screen. this is when i get the "other user" option. this is where i stop because i cant login to windows with my old administrative username and login password.

OK, at this stage then, you can use the repair CD (flashdrive) "Browse/Backup Files" option to rescue your personal files to external storage, so that all your stuff is safe before you carry on trying to fix the OS.

OK, at this stage then, you can use the repair CD (flashdrive) "Browse/Backup Files" option to rescue your personal files to external storage, so that all your stuff is safe before you carry on trying to fix the OS.

Thanks I'm fixn to do just that! Let you know how it goes!

Back