HP Windows 7 x64 stuck on BSOD at boot after running EasyRE

eckhart

Please help: I am attempting to help a friend get their HP Pavilion 23 AIO Desktop back up and running. It wouldn't recognize the hard drive on boot up. It has Windows 7 Home Edition x64 installed via UEFI/GPT. There is just one disk with the following 4 partitions: C: OS (NTFS), E: SYSTEM, F: Local Disk (UEFI) and G: HP_RECOVERY.

I ran EasyRE Automated Repair and System Restore but it gets stuck at boot time with a BSOD of 0x0000007b (0xfffff880009a98e8, 0xffffffffc0000034. Same thing from Safe Mode. All the usual folders and files seem to be there (I used Hiren's BootCD - mini XP).

I'd appreciate it if you could advise me of what other information you may need and the next steps to resolve this problem. Thanks.

Are you saying you see a BSOD when you try to boot into EasyRE?

Thank you for getting back to me. After running both EasyRE Automated Repair and System Restore, the PC boots into Windows 7 (so you see the Windows Starting screen) but then gets the BSOD as described above. In other words running EasyRE did not yet fix the problem. Thanks again.

In order to fix this problem I had to order recovery disks from HP. This included a supplemental CD specific to this computer model. A factory settings restore fixed the problem. I'd used Hiren's BootCD, mini-XP to save all the user's data to an external hard drive prior to the restore.

Last edited:
Back