EasyBCD 2.2.0.182 looking for AutoNeoGrub0.mbr in the wrong HDD

I have a system with multiple physical HDDs and I'm trying to create a boot entry for Ubuntu ISO for installation. The entry gets added just fine but when I reboot the system, the boot loader I unable to find "AutoNeoGrub0.mbr" as it is looking for it in the wrong HDD.

My boot drive is C:\ on Disk 1
The ISO for Ubuntu is saved on Disk 2 H:\
I want to install it in Disk 0 "Ubuntu" partition

I don't submit bugs regularly so I may have missed out on some important information. Feel free to ask for any additional information and I will provide.

Attachments

• easybcd.PNG
    easybcd.PNG
    44.3 KB · Views: 10
  • diskmgmt.PNG
    diskmgmt.PNG
    38.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 2013-09-17-1353.jpg
    2013-09-17-1353.jpg
    991.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
It's not looking for files on the wrong partition, it's refusing to load the chainloader because Microsoft has locked out 3rd party operating systems from the UEFI boot menu.

Thanks for replying. I have a desktop computer where I haven't enabled Secureboot. Till a month or so ago I've had all my OS installations showing up on this list. My Windows 8 was installed on Disk0. Clicking any OS on the used to load the OS after re-booting the computer. After I installed 8.1 RTM on Disk1 and formatted Disk0, I started facing this problem.

What I dont get is your wording. You have the ISO for Ubuntu on drive 2 with the Windows Letter H. But you want to install it before the install of Windows 8? Correct?

So did you make sure to create the first entry to the ISO properly?

https://neosmart.net/wiki/easybcd/portable-entries/iso-images/

Then from there boot from the ISO Image so you can install it? After that add your entry to the Windows 8 Bootloader for Ubuntu. Those are the proper steps to take to get this to work. If you just added a Linux GRUB Entry for the ISO, that is where your wrong in the steps. That is not the fault of EasyBCD.

Honestly you are better off burning the ISO to disk and installing Ubuntu. Then going back to Windows and adding the entry for it.

What I dont get is your wording. You have the ISO for Ubuntu on drive 2 with the Windows Letter H. But you want to install it before the install of Windows 8? Correct?

Partiall correct. I have the ISO in Disk2 (Windows Letter H). I have Windows 8 on Disk1, that's the primary boot drive on the system. I want to install Ubuntu on Disk0, partition2. On disk0 partition0 is a small GPT partition, partition1 is HFS+, partition2 is where the new OS will go. But I haven't even reached the installation stage yet.

So did you make sure to create the first entry to the ISO properly?

Yes. EasyBCD makes it very simple to do so. I stopped burning Ubuntu CDs long ago thanks to this.

https://neosmart.net/wiki/easybcd/portable-entries/iso-images/

Then from there boot from the ISO Image so you can install it? After that add your entry to the Windows 8 Bootloader for Ubuntu. Those are the proper steps to take to get this to work. If you just added a Linux GRUB Entry for the ISO, that is where your wrong in the steps. That is not the fault of EasyBCD.

Honestly you are better off burning the ISO to disk and installing Ubuntu. Then going back to Windows and adding the entry for it.

This is where the problem starts. Even after adding the ISO entry correctly, I am unable to boot from the ISO. I clicked a photo of the error screen and attached in the original post. I have never faced this issue before when I used to have Disk0 as my primary boot disk with Windows on it. But now that I have Disk1 as my boot disk, its not working.

Hope I was able to clarify my problem.

Back