Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 273435363738 LastLast

Thread: [Download] Vista Hide 'n Seek BETA

Hey CG. No I meant an alternative graphic for the boot screen Vista hidenseek to Win7 HidenSeek. Vista had so many problems I rather not see the word! But a great program. M

Can you point me to the registry hack so I can see if I want to go down that route?

Mike, I'm sure you know that HnS isn't at all supported any more, which is of course a damn shame given how much work went into it. But maybe I can work up another image for you if I can locate the original artwork

GDH: No restore points are available when you use Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008-based operating systems in a dual-boot configuration together with an earlier Windows operating system

Cheers.
    Mahmoud Al-Qudsi, Director

I'm sorry but I do not accept support requests via IM, email, or personal messages

Follow us on twitter @neosmart or on Facebook!
    Like us on facebook!

Mike, you can custom build your own boot splash.
    Like I did
    Terry

Baker of fine scones.

Please keep requests for help in the forums where everyone can see them, not in Private Messages.
    Posting a plea for help or information in the forum, will be seen more quickly by a widely experienced audience.
    A solution in the forum could also be useful to other future visitors, so PLEASE, no private requests. (they won't be answered !)

Thanks Terry, I dont have access to your second link. M

This is the image Terry was sharing:
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm sorry but I do not accept support requests via IM, email, or personal messages

Like us on facebook!

Sorry, was that an attachment to a Mod thread ? So long ago I'd forgotten.

Addendum:

@GDH
    http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/12...ot-delete.html
    Last edited by Terry60; July 26th, 2010 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Automagically-merged double-post.
    Terry

Baker of fine scones.

Please keep requests for help in the forums where everyone can see them, not in Private Messages.
    Posting a plea for help or information in the forum, will be seen more quickly by a widely experienced audience.
    A solution in the forum could also be useful to other future visitors, so PLEASE, no private requests. (they won't be answered !)

I don't know either - I'm assuming it was

Like us on facebook!

Default Vista HnS v. registry tweak v. BCD 2.1

The new version of BCD is great. However, as most users of BCD boot between WinXp, Win7 and maybe Ubunto - unless the registry tweak works for you - you still need HnS to preserve system restore points.

The registry hack doesn't seem to work for quite a few people including myself who now use HnS successfully. So has anyone established WHY the registry hack doesn't work universally, after all windows KB thinks it does. Has anyone established what other parameters are perhaps linked with this problem? Is there no chance of somehow incorporating the hiding function in the BCD, it seems to do everything else. Mike

Seeing why the registry hack doesn't work has been on my to-do list for a loooong time......

Like us on facebook!

Pity it wasn't universal then it could be incorporated as a fix in bcd, and hns could be retired

What's your configuration Mike ?
    I'll compare it to how mine was originally when the hack failed to do the job for me ( why I originally arrived here, and never got round to leaving !)
    To be honest, my current config is completely different (twice as many OSs, shuffled around onto new HDDs) so the hack might work for me now, but I never got round to trying it because I'm pretty happy with my custom HnS setup and of course, "IIAB - DFI")
    Terry

Baker of fine scones.

Uploaded my config from the Win 7 side, doesnt show a lot. Strange thing is, windows xp is disk 1 and windows 7 is disk 3 when you look at the actual sata cables to the mobo. The virtual rendition continually changes. Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

No that's absolutely nothing like my original setup (like this without W7 or Ubu), so no clues there.
    Your simple unpartitionioned separate drives setup has been certain to work with the hack in my experience here, so it gets more mysterious !
    Terry

Baker of fine scones.

Hi - only 2nd post.. so quick second "hello"..

Just a quick question - last week I was setting up a PC for my sister in law who wanted Vista on one drive and XP on the other. Straight forward i thought using easy BCD etc... And it was. Everything worked fine. Two logins for XP and Vista for her to login at start appears and all login fine with no issues.
    That was however until she told me that she was having issues with the "restore in Vista" issue (which i later found to be a problem while searching the net..) As the version of Vista was Premium it didnt include the BitLock feature (which I believe can resolve this issue on Vista) Anyway to cut a long story short... Vista Hide 'n Seek BETA solved the problem perfectly. However, I still have easyBCD installed. So when my sister in law logs on she gets the usual login screen (hide n Seek one) XP goes straight in no problems, but when she chooses Vista, the two options to choose appear again (with the 30 sec countdown) originally set up with easyBCD. Hope I am making sense here... lol..
    Basically is it ok to uninstall easyBCD and just use the HidenSeek? ? The main thing it works fine, I guess I am just trying to cut out the easyBCD XP/Vista option screen? (Vista is the default OP btw..) Thanks in advance anyone.. Ged