Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Program Idea.

Hey toxic chicken, how are we gonna call this program? (I think that Computer Guru does not have any problem if we name it?!)

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid; humans are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant; together they are powerful beyond imagination." -- Albert Einstein

I will make a program for you later which can do that, i will even include an installer for you, i have already written the code in my head, you will be able to select the date you want, select the program, then this information is saved and used when you want to start said program.

That do you?

Like you said what do we call it? Dat0r V1? Date'O'matic V1??????

Question, does the program have to wait for said app to close before changing the date back or will this cause an error, im having a problem waiting for an application to end.

i don't really have any suggestions on what to call it.

it would wait for the program to end before changing it back.

and i would want it as a small command line program, no installer, no amazing graphical interface or anything.

Well, that's obviously up to XcOM, but you can have a "amazing graphical interface" work as a command line program too, so you can use it the way you want, and if someone else wants to do it differently, they can.
    Mahmoud Al-Qudsi, Director

I'm sorry but I do not accept support requests via IM, email, or personal messages

Follow us on twitter @neosmart or on Facebook!
    Like us on facebook!

Here you go, this will install a program that will change your system time to any time you tell it to, it will also launch any program you want,

I have included a GUI, but if you goto the install folder you will find some INI files, change the APP.ini to point to said app, and appdate.ini to the date you want to use, then run the prorgam like normal, i just added a GUI to make it easier, you don't need to use the GUI to load your app, the GUI is only to see the app propertys.

http://freewebs.com/tbcs_pics/setup.exe (Copy and pate link into web browser to download)

When you install this please select to add shortcut to desktop. There is three programs included in this, Control = Sets the information, Time Tweaker = The app that will change the date and run your app, Reset = Reset the date if the program fails or crashes.

Ok to use this program do the following:

(Upon first install or to change the date or program to be launched)
    Start-->Program Files-->Time Tweaker-->Control

From here you can set the application (You need to enter the complete path, IE: c:\windows\system32\notepad.exe

Then the date is UK format: DD/MM/YYYY

Then save, now when you want to run your program just run the Time Tweaker that is either on your desktop (If you selected to place shortcut on desktop) or from your start menu.

Once you close your application the date will change back to what it was.

Just ensure that you don't run your app before midnight but close it after midnight as the app dosen't calculate for that, i am working on it.

Updates to come in next version:
    Account for going past midnight
    Faster running code
    Add more options

If there is anything else you want to be added just ask. My final goal is to modify this program to launch more than one application and to run without needing modules.

Enjoy.

EDIT (16/07/06 13:37GMT)
    New version to have a file browser to find said EXE/DOC to run

it's 4:30am and i haven't slept all night, so that confused me.

but if i understood this part of it, i think you're specifying the program and date by either two or four files.

the way i thought would work better, is if the date and file could be specified from the command-line, like "timetweaker.exe mm/dd/yyyy x:\whatever.exe". this way, you could edit the shortcuts, so it would launch time tweaker, then time tweaker would change the date then launch the program. you could have it work for multiple programs.

if that didn't make sense, tell me and ill try to make sense later today when i'm more awake.

that made sence, but to try and add command line options in visual basic is just asking for trouble, but i could modify the program to create more than one EXE for program, so say you want to launch:
    App 1 @ 11/12/2004
    and
    app2 @ 25/01/1999

timer teaker would create two apps for them two and so forth. That is in my things to do.

Finished the help file, let me know what you think, if i get the thumbs up i will include it in my program,

http://freewebs.com/tbcs_pics/Time_Help.zip (Copy and pate into new browser window)

(I have to rebuild this APP as i lost the code (SORRY) memory error forced me to install windows 98, and stupid me put the code on my desktop as i was working on it.)

That aside, is it a thumbs up or down?

Quote Originally Posted by XcOM
    Finished the help file, let me know what you think,
    i would now, but i can't view the hlp file in vista. i'll probably boot into xp later today, then i'll tell you what i think of it.

OK, me and XcOM are almost done with this, we're addressing all of the points raised in this thread

I'm sorry but I do not accept support requests via IM, email, or personal messages

Like us on facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Computer Guru View Post
    OK, me and XcOM are almost done with this, we're addressing all of the points raised in this thread
    Anyone know if this program was ever finished? It sounds awesome!

-Coolname007

The DARK knight. The knight of DARKNESS.
    SHADOW
    killer. The NINJA, master of darkness, stealth and invisibility.
    Jake Johnson

Having dual-booting problems? Have a read of the following links to help you better accomplish your goal:

1. PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING WITH A PROBLEM | 2. Steps for Multibooting | 3. Multibooters - Understanding the Multiboot Process

Like us on facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Computer Guru View Post
    Great! I guess it was finished after all...the fact that close to 3 years went by with no post in this thread, since your last comment, made me think it had never been completed...

Much appreciation, CG!

-Coolname007
    Last edited by Coolname007; January 22nd, 2009 at 03:32 PM.

The DARK knight. The knight of DARKNESS.
    SHADOW
    killer. The NINJA, master of darkness, stealth and invisibility.
    Jake Johnson

Having dual-booting problems? Have a read of the following links to help you better accomplish your goal:

1. PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING WITH A PROBLEM | 2. Steps for Multibooting | 3. Multibooters - Understanding the Multiboot Process

No problem. It was released in Jun. 06.

Like us on facebook!