Page 15 of 70 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617182565 ... LastLast

Thread: The Introduction Thread

Default Hello

Hello Computer Guru,

I just joined because I enjoyed using you x64 Windows Recovery Disk. I have a new HP x64 laptop. I also have a question. I just bought this laptop and it runs great for me. I have installed all of the software on it and I have it right where I want it. How can I modify you Recovery Disk to boot my laptop and replace the cd with a WinPE cd that has Ghost on it so that I can make just a pure image to store on my separate local hard drive?

Thanks
    lady0212

If you purchased Ghost I believe there's a BartPE plugin for it.

Quote Originally Posted by lady0212 View Post
    Hello Computer Guru,

I just joined because I enjoyed using you x64 Windows Recovery Disk. I have a new HP x64 laptop. I also have a question. I just bought this laptop and it runs great for me. I have installed all of the software on it and I have it right where I want it. How can I modify you Recovery Disk to boot my laptop and replace the cd with a WinPE cd that has Ghost on it so that I can make just a pure image to store on my separate local hard drive?

Thanks
    lady0212
    First, of all, what's wrong with it? If its not booting, and its "running" (figuratively, at least....) Vista, then just boot from the CD (by putting the CD drive first in the boot sequence in the BIOS), select Repair My Computer, and use Startup Repair (2-3 times since it can usually only fix one thing per pass) to get it booting again.

Otherwise, I guess you'll have to explain your problem more...

Cheers.

Jake

The DARK knight. The knight of DARKNESS.
    SHADOW
    killer. The NINJA, master of darkness, stealth and invisibility.
    Jake Johnson

Having dual-booting problems? Have a read of the following links to help you better accomplish your goal:

1. PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING WITH A PROBLEM | 2. Steps for Multibooting | 3. Multibooters - Understanding the Multiboot Process

Salam mr.computer gure, i m facing a problm thts y searchd net n found this site. I hav read all the related posts. Site seem knowledge developer n problm solvr so i decided 2 join. Dont knw hw 2 post question or thread, hw 2 join forum etc bcz im using net on my cell fone bcz my laptop is not working.
    In short i installed a 500gb wd usb harddrive 2 my acer 5738, which asked 2 restart, aftr restart windows green bar continues to run for nearly 20, 30 minutes,aftr which a blue screen with error appear tht a hardware error occured and bla bla bla. I tried 2 start recovery but same happened even whn i used my recovery disk. Thn i tried 2 install a local copy of vista(pirated) in order 2 get rid of it but same error apper aftr loading setup files. Plz help me. I dont knw wht 2 do. I went 2 comp lab,the worked told me tht he would repair that against a charge of 4500pk rupees(nearly 55$) im a student of mba. Cant afford tht plz solve my problem. Waiting 4 ur reply. Kind reply in such a way thay i might see that, either in inbox msg or mail me on my email i.d. Plz reply soom.

Hi I'm new and want to post a new thread, can't find how to do it??? Good start!!

Right underneath this sticky thread is another sticky thread.
    Terry

Baker of fine scones.

Please keep requests for help in the forums where everyone can see them, not in Private Messages.
    Posting a plea for help or information in the forum, will be seen more quickly by a widely experienced audience.
    A solution in the forum could also be useful to other future visitors, so PLEASE, no private requests. (they won't be answered !)

Thank you

Default Howzit all.

I am just writing for the purpose of a quick introduction, I am a 46 yr old full time student at the University of Hawaiii studying for my associates in computerscience for now, and hope to get my cisco cert. eventually.

Terry

Aloha and welcome.
    You can never have too many Terrys
    Terry

Baker of fine scones.

Please keep requests for help in the forums where everyone can see them, not in Private Messages.
    Posting a plea for help or information in the forum, will be seen more quickly by a widely experienced audience.
    A solution in the forum could also be useful to other future visitors, so PLEASE, no private requests. (they won't be answered !)

Hi there, my name is Fabrice, I live in France.
    I like almost everything related to computers, and I like to play online games too ^^

I came here because I would like to test EasyBCD 2.0 Beta, this is a really great software, I hope to be able to help the community, even if sometimes I don't talk a lot... ^^

Hello, I saw EasyBCD on-line and came to check it out. Hoping I can find help to my many little problems.

Well, I actually thought I was getting an account just to say thank you, and get access to the occasional jpg, etc.

So thank you very much for a great util.

Now the but, but that was before the insanity set in on me today. So, like everyone else, I'm going to post a problem question elsewhere.

I'm trying to think of a short bio for an intro thread like this. I'm 53, I first touched a 5 1/4 around August of '82, lived through the OS wars of the 80's, OS/2 where I learned to dual boot, and the 90's, Unix where I learned that real programmers didn't have to write ONLY in assembler and the '00's where I just plain survived. I also survived the great Derek Smart flame war on C.S.I.P.G but that's a whole other thread. :

I was until recently a practicing systems engineer, but then I got a good case of "the Big C", and so now I've got WAY too much time on my hands. Which is likely why I'm in the middle of a PC mess, but the upside was my wife gave me pretty much carte blanche on getting a new PC, "to give me something to keep me amused".

The down side is that she wants to play WoW and I've got to get her rig, my old one, up and running by the weekend or I get to go buy a new 500gb and make the, in her words, "$%$#)( thing work".

I've enjoyed the articles written here, and I'm impressed with your software efforts, so thanks again.

Larry

P.S. The Mage in VaMage goes back to the 70's when I was the guy my friends conned into playing the squishie in D&D, come to think of it I'm still a rag wearer in WoW so nothing much has changed.

Hey everyone,

I signed up after finding these forums following a google search on a problem I was having with EasyBCD more details on that here.

I'm a late 20s (age not birth year!) IT Manager at a school in Birmingham and spend my days firefighting it annoyances, with the occasion long term project to get stuck into!

hi im andrew lolol

Hello everyone, I'm DaperDan and joined to gain more
    knowledge in installation & running OS's on my
    6 boxes.This looks like an intelligent forum.
    Thanx for admitting me.