Page 43 of 70 FirstFirst ... 334041424344454653 ... LastLast

Thread: The Introduction Thread

lol.... Did it say anything about a Mahmoud?
    Mahmoud Al-Qudsi, Director

I'm sorry but I do not accept support requests via IM, email, or personal messages

Follow us on twitter @neosmart or on Facebook!
    Like us on facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Computer Guru View Post
    If you have a minute or two, post away and let us know a thing or two about yourself, we'd love to hear about you.
    Ah, well, my name is Wim, I'm almost 55 years old and live in Belgium. Separated from my wife since last year , two children (23 and 20, girl and boy). I was trained as a programmer/system analyst looooong ago, but work in a bank, second line help desk for electronic payments. Oh, yes, I gave up smoking again last year, but I'm still an internet addict.

Thanks for the warm welcome!
    Last edited by Wimh; February 8th, 2011 at 10:44 AM.

Hey Wimh, welcome to the forums!

I'm sure you'll fit right in with the NeoSmart family

I'm sorry but I do not accept support requests via IM, email, or personal messages

Like us on facebook!

Hey guys,

I'm an IT Tech who's always looking for new and useful ways of fixing things...
    Once you have pulled it apart, it isn't always straight forward getting it working again!
    But then the fun is in the trying!

Default HELP

Dear Neosmart,

i am totally confused. i thought i have seen few things in my life but I still can't find a clue here.

it was Friday night. i just turned on my laptop (Lenovo 3000 + Vista) to check out a number of a restaurant. The machine froze on Vista startup. i got panicked. i tried few lenovo tools and managed to revive the machine. Because of this, i looked up for a recovery disk and found Neosmart. With no hesitation, i bought the ISO image using Google Checkout (as instructed by the site) and received a confirmation mail. Since then, Saturday dawn, i try to understand where and how i get the link to the file or what i suppose to do in order to have a rescue disk. the mail message indicated that the link is valid for 48 hours only. another cause for a panic. i tried the links in the mail, i registered to NeoSmart and even sending you this one note and my request is very simple. get me what i paid for, please.

other than that life is good.

Daniel

The download from this site is a torrent and completely free of charge.
    If you use the external link on that page to the pay-site, you'll need to take it up with them if they're not doing what you paid for.
    Terry

Baker of fine scones.

Please keep requests for help in the forums where everyone can see them, not in Private Messages.
    Posting a plea for help or information in the forum, will be seen more quickly by a widely experienced audience.
    A solution in the forum could also be useful to other future visitors, so PLEASE, no private requests. (they won't be answered !)

Default Hi

Hi guys,
    nice to meet u

Last edited by yuvaan; February 27th, 2011 at 10:27 AM.

Greetings yuvaan and welcome to Neosmart.

Toronto, Canada
    Volunteer Moderator
    Vista Ult SP2, Win 7 Ult SP1, Win 8.1 Pro w/MC, all x64

Default Introduction

Hi all, I'm Claudio Cardarelli 67 y.o. from Rome, Italy. I like testing SW and sometime HW (when got money). My basic OS is still XP, but now I'm testing, on other HD of my PC, WIN7 ULTI, PROF and KUBUNTU. Surely I'll need help!

Welcome aboard, Barbobasket.

Like us on facebook!

Default Hi there

Hi,
    My name is Sven Sorensen, I live in Denmark, born in 1955.
    I'm a systems programmer (in my case Systems Admin and programmer) in an airline and have been woking with IT all my grow-up life. Yes, I've even used punched cards

Brgds
    Sven

Hey Sven!

We have a bunch of people here from the good old punch card days (I'm not one, though!)

Great to have you onboard.

Like us on facebook!

Favourite game as an Op in the early 70's, playing "freak the programmer".
    First find a prog who keeps asking for priority and hand delivers his card box instead of putting it through the proper channels.
    He must also be sloppy, and neglect putting sequence numbers (cols 72-80).
    Step 1. set up the card reader by inserting a blank card to wedge back the "catcher" pawl
    step 2. take the card box from his hands at the m/c room door.
    step 3. swap boxes with a set of blank cards between the door and appearing again at the glass wall.
    step 4. stick "his" program in the hopper, give him a thumbs-up, walk to the console and start the reader task.
    step 5. adopt a position of "distracted and busy" with back turned on reader
    step 6. watch from corner of eye as prog climbs the glass wall screaming in terror, whilst "his" unsequenced cards fountain in a twenty foot arc and flutter across half an acre of m/c room.
    Terry

Baker of fine scones.

Please keep requests for help in the forums where everyone can see them, not in Private Messages.
    Posting a plea for help or information in the forum, will be seen more quickly by a widely experienced audience.
    A solution in the forum could also be useful to other future visitors, so PLEASE, no private requests. (they won't be answered !)

Hi everyone I'm a newbie on neosmart.net .... in advance thank you all...
    question:
    I have windows 7 and I want to install windows xp as well.. do I need the easybcd 2.1 in order to have dual booting?

It's a lot easier than trying to do it without.
    Read some of the early links in the sticky thread before you start
    Terry

Baker of fine scones.