Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [FIXED] [EBCD-414] EasyBCD does not detect XP installation

Hi Guru

Problem solved it self.

Thanks 4 the quick answer.

"Solved itself?"

May I ask how?
    Mahmoud Al-Qudsi, Director

I'm sorry but I do not accept support requests via IM, email, or personal messages

Follow us on twitter @neosmart or on Facebook!
    Like us on facebook!

I am having a similar problem. I am trying to do a dual boot with Win7 Pro 64 bit and XP Pro 64 bit. I had to slipstream my SATA drivers. Everything seemed to load OK. I then tried to use EasyBDC to setup the dual boot. I followed the directions from the Windows SevenForm. However, when I select Add entry button I get an error message, "EasyBCD failed to detect a valid installation of Windows NT-2003 on all drives and was unable to continue."

I have tried both version 2.1.2 and 2.2 with the same results.

Help

What path is XP installed to?
    Mahmoud Al-Qudsi, Director

I'm sorry but I do not accept support requests via IM, email, or personal messages

Follow us on twitter @neosmart or on Facebook!
    Like us on facebook!

OK, I apologize for being a complete computer neophyte. I don't understand a lot of the jargon previously posted on this thread. But my problem sounds similar to those posted here, and I was wondering if anyone wouldn't mind walking a computer moron through the issue.

I have Windows 7 installed on a SSD, my C: drive. I then partitioned a separate hard drive and installed Windows XP x64 on one of those partitions. Of course, on reboot, my computer only recognizes the XP installation. I installed EasyBCD 2.2, but every time i try to "Add New Entry", I get the following error message: "EasyBCD failed to detect a valid installation of Windows NT-2003 on all drives and was unable to continue."

So in this thread there was previously posted an instruction to replace the BootGrabber.exe file. What does this mean? How specifically do I do this?

Quote Originally Posted by jungofever View Post
    OK, I apologize for being a complete computer neophyte. I don't understand a lot of the jargon previously posted on this thread. But my problem sounds similar to those posted here, and I was wondering if anyone wouldn't mind walking a computer moron through the issue.

I have Windows 7 installed on a SSD, my C: drive. I then partitioned a separate hard drive and installed Windows XP x64 on one of those partitions. Of course, on reboot, my computer only recognizes the XP installation. I installed EasyBCD 2.2, but every time i try to "Add New Entry", I get the following error message: "EasyBCD failed to detect a valid installation of Windows NT-2003 on all drives and was unable to continue."

So in this thread there was previously posted an instruction to replace the BootGrabber.exe file. What does this mean? How specifically do I do this?
    You will first have to go into the BCD Backup/Repair section. There you will have to re-create/repair boot files. Winodws XP does not use the BCD which is why you get that error. Once you do this you should be able to boot back into Windows 7, then add the entry for XP X64.
    ~Alex~ .:Forum Moderator:..:Guinea Pig for Testing:.
    I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my Spaces page! .
    This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object.

All your posts are belong to NeoSmart!!