Triple Boot Windows 7/Ubuntu/Linux Mint

nolatux

Big KUDOS to the dev of EasyBCD :tongueout:

When installing the Linux boxes, I installed grub2 into the root partition of each of the respective Linux partitions.

When adding entries into EasyBCD, I've selected Grub (Legacy) from drop down menu, assigned the appropriate boot devices, yet they will not load when I select them from the boot menu when the system reboots.

Any suggestions???

If Linux is using grub2, then that's what you need to specify in the dropdown, not legacy grub.

Hi Terry,

Thanks for the quick reply. I understand if the Linux distro I'm using uses grub2, I should then select Grub2 in the drop down list. However I now have 4 Linux distributions (as well as Windows 7) installed on my PC (Ubuntu, Linux Mint Debian, Fedora & Slackware - all use grub2).

Currently, I have 2 entries in my NeoSmart enhanced Windows 7 boot-loader. 1) Windows 2) Neosmart Linux. The latter 3, I boot into from my Ubuntu Grub2 boot-loader. I was looking to be able to set up the option to boot into each of the Linux distros directly from the Win7 boot-loader and not from the Ubuntu Grub2 screen. How would I go about making this happen?

Thanks,
-NT

Last edited:
Hi Terry,

Thanks for the quick reply. I understand if the Linux distro I'm using uses grub2, I should then select Grub2 in the drop down list. However I now have 4 Linux distributions (as well as Windows 7) installed on my PC (Ubuntu, Linux Mint Debian, Fedora & Slackware - all use grub2).

Currently, I have 2 entries in my NeoSmart enhanced Windows 7 boot-loader. 1) Windows 2) Neosmart Linux. The latter 3, I boot into from my Ubuntu Grub2 boot-loader. I was looking to be able to set up the option to boot into each of the Linux distros directly from the Win7 boot-loader and not from the Ubuntu Grub2 screen. How would I go about making this happen?

Thanks,
-NT
I've the same problem.
It would be good to be able to boot the third Linux OS directly from the Windows menu.
It seems impossible ...

Last edited:
EasyBCD and Linux

Dear All,

I had problem with EasyBCD 2.02 with Windows 7 and Linux. It seems that it recognizes only EXT3 partitions. I tried with EXT4 and ReiserFS without sucess. :tongueout:oint:
When I formatted again the Linux partitions to EXT3, the boot loader recognized my Linux Mint XFCE without problem.:grinning:

Back