Thread: Easy BCD 2.1.2 has "lost" Windows 8

Unhappy Easy BCD 2.1.2 has "lost" Windows 8

Hi,
    today I installed W8 preview on my machine alongside 2 w7 partitions and an ols XP partition. After the installation of W8 I managed to boot back into my main W7 patiton and then updated easyBCD to 2.1.2. all the partitions showed up just fine and I re shuffled the order. After a re boot W8 has dissapeared. No matter what I try it does not show up. I cannot select W8 as a manual installation. It originally showed up Ok on Ireboot but that has now dissapeared as well.
    Any ideas welcome.
    Cheers,
    David

Can you see the Windows 8 partition in My Computer?

What happens if you add the entry manually?
    Mahmoud Al-Qudsi, Director

I'm sorry but I do not accept support requests via IM, email, or personal messages

Follow us on twitter @neosmart or on Facebook!
    Like us on facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Computer Guru View Post
    Can you see the Windows 8 partition in My Computer?

What happens if you add the entry manually?
    I have entered it manually and it works ok. Originally it recognised it as W8.

Cheers,
    David

Great
    Mahmoud Al-Qudsi, Director

I'm sorry but I do not accept support requests via IM, email, or personal messages

Follow us on twitter @neosmart or on Facebook!
    Like us on facebook!

I have also lost the ability to boot into Win 8. I am able to see the drive and access the files within windows 7, I am also able to enter the drive manually into the windows 7 boot menu however when booting I get the error message status oxc0000428

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this drive.
    Any suggestions?

Older Longhorn systems cannot boot newer ones. The bootmgr on Vista thinks W7 is bogus, and likewise with W7 to W8.
    Newer systems are backwards compatible though. You should be able to add a W7 entry on W8.
    Terry

Baker of fine scones.

Please keep requests for help in the forums where everyone can see them, not in Private Messages.
    Posting a plea for help or information in the forum, will be seen more quickly by a widely experienced audience.
    A solution in the forum could also be useful to other future visitors, so PLEASE, no private requests. (they won't be answered !)

Quote Originally Posted by Terry60 View Post
    Older Longhorn systems cannot boot newer ones. The bootmgr on Vista thinks W7 is bogus, and likewise with W7 to W8.
    Newer systems are backwards compatible though. You should be able to add a W7 entry on W8.
    You may be right Terry, I am going to put the win 8 drive on the first sata port and the win 7 drives on a different port, this way I can boot into win 7 and as more bugs show up in win 8 CP I can remove it and rely on 7. Right now windows 8 wants me to format a perfectly good fresh 7 install before I can use it.