4 disk drives will not boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

yarnel

I bought your products to solve boot problems on 3 of my 4 disks. One SSD worked fine with Windows 7. Your repair tool had different drive label letters and I "repaired" the disk that worked along with the other 3. So now, not only are they NOT FIXED but I can not boot any of them . Got your USB OSI bootable thumb drive loaded with the Windows 7 ulitmate and loaded to all 4 drives. Now I get "A disk read error occurred. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart. It will not restart. I shut down manually with power button. This has been HOURS of hugely frustrating effort with now a totally unusable machine. What now?

An expert may spot this and try to help, but as per the following link all official support for EasyRE is via email: Forum Closed: Send EasyRE support requests to EasyRE@NeoSmart.net
Please note, by law, these discs cannot be replacements for an operating system disc so can't work in all cases.
  1. Frequently Asked Questions
  2. Burning ISO images with ImgBurn
  3. Creating a bootable USB with Easy USB Creator
  4. Troubleshooting: Boot from CD
  5. Troubleshooting: Boot from USB
  6. Booting from a CD or DVD
  7. Booting from a USB drive
Neosmart has a refund policy as outlined here: Refund Policy - NeoSmart Technologies

An expert may spot this and try to help, but as per the following link all official support for EasyRE is via email: Forum Closed: Send EasyRE support requests to EasyRE@NeoSmart.net
Please note, by law, these discs cannot be replacements for an operating system disc so can't work in all cases.
  1. Frequently Asked Questions
  2. Burning ISO images with ImgBurn
  3. Creating a bootable USB with Easy USB Creator
  4. Troubleshooting: Boot from CD
  5. Troubleshooting: Boot from USB
  6. Booting from a CD or DVD
  7. Booting from a USB drive
Neosmart has a refund policy as outlined here: Refund Policy - NeoSmart Technologies
Ok. So do it all over again and hope for a different result. Sounds insane to me.

Sure a refund would be nice. How about it. Can't get through your e-mail hoop jump to "Refund Policy-NeoSmart Technologies.

I'm only a Moderator here and have no connection with Neosmart. I'll email the owner on your behalf.

Your repair tool had different drive label letters
FYI
Disk letters are not "real". They do not exist except in the mind (the registry) of the OS reporting them.
Hence any repair medium (an OS in its own right) will assign letters to drives/partitions as it detects them. (That includes MS W7 repair disk and indeed the installation DVD itself). The mere fact of its own presence will most likely alter the detection order and hence the disk lettering.
You should never rely on your own OS's idea of what disk letters exist when using a different OS to repair your OS or install a new one.
The only reliable way to identify which partition is which is to make sure you make full use of the disk "label" parameter whenever you format a new partition.
That is a "real" label - i.e. it is physically written on the drive and will appear as a descriptor in Explorer
Capture.JPG
On my PC e.g. W7 thinks of itself as C, but calls W10 D.
When W10 is booted the situation is reversed but all the partitions are unmistakably labelled so that the disk letter causes no possible confusion.

Well hey Sherlock. I got that as soon is I initiated the boot fix. Hindsight is 20/20. None of what you took so much time to say gives me a way to fix my problem "no boot" hard/ssd drives

Just trying to give you some advice so that you don't make a similar cock-up in future - but if you don't want any (and you just seem to want to blame someone else for your mistake), then I'll leave you to stew in your own juices.
Good luck with that.

Yo Chump . I fixed it all myself without your products. There was no "blame". But your response didn't help fix my problem. So, as usual, I did it myself. Go fly your hurricane. That's some really old gear. I stew fine in my juice.

So. Now. How do I get this "refund". Yo. RTFQ. None of the "links" work. Not surprising that the refund function doesn't works since the product didn't work for me either. Again, How (specifically) do I apply for a refund of the $40 I paid. The clock is ticking on the 30 days.

I think the chump is someone who wrecks his one working OS instead of fixing the broken ones.
You'll find a lot of help here for anyone even moderately polite, but with your attitude I imagine you don't inspire sympathy in any walk of life.
Closing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back