Adding Ubuntu 16.04 entry to Windows 8.1

hodaaort

Hello
I have just installed Ubuntu 16.04 , and I wanted to add Ubuntu to Windows 8.1 boot loader.
So I installed EasyBCD (latest version) and added Ubuntu .

But when I select Ubuntu from the boot menu , it just goes to a command window grub4dos .

I tried to : set root (hd0,2)
but it didn't work .

What should I do ?
Thanks

Hi hodaaort,

Does this help?
Hello
Thanks a lot for replying .

I have done exactly that when I installed Ubuntu . But like I said it didn't work .
I have tried that on another computer with Windows 10 , again same thing .

I tried a solution someone posted :
root (hd tab
root (hd0,2) tab
kernel / tab
but it gives an error : filesystem unsupported

honestly I don't know .

Io3IxOC
I came here to say I have the exact same issue. Win 10 + Ubuntu 16.04 on two separate drives. I get the Grubdos prompt like the OP. I think my installation might be slightly different as I unplugged all my drives when I installed Ubuntu (as I just wanted a bios boot manager boot i.e. hit f11 key to bring up boot options), but now I use Ubuntu too much and want a simple boot option.

I've tried almost every possible option I could think of, grub legacy, grub 2, automatic, selecting ubuntu boot/efi partition, selecting main partition, changing advanced settings from c:\ to "boot" option ***The advanced drive letter option does not recognize the drive ubuntu is installed on, for obvious formatting reason, and therefore can't select that drive specifically except for an option in there that states "boot". My assumption was that it keeps looking in C:\ drive but it's obviously not there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Io3IxOC.jpg

Back