can't boot to second OS without going into BIOS

ShockingBlue

when I try and boot to my second OS I get and missing or corrupt file. if go into bios on startup and set the other HDD as first boot order then I can select it on the boot to which OS screen. but then if I reboot I can not select the other OS without setting that HDD to the first boot device. my pc is a Samsung. using windows 7 64 bit on one and windows 7 32 bit on the other HDD. have this same setup on two other computers and had no issues

Attachments

• IMG_2165.JPG
    IMG_2165.JPG
    671.2 KB · Views: 3
when I try and boot to my second OS I get and missing or corrupt file. if go into bios on startup and set the other HDD as first boot order then I can select it on the boot to which OS screen. but then if I reboot I can not select the other OS without setting that HDD to the first boot device. my pc is a Samsung. using windows 7 64 bit on one and windows 7 32 bit on the other HDD. have this same setup on two other computers and had no issues

I am having the exact same issue. Since both OSes are working correctly as long as I set the startup HDD to that drive in the bios, it seems like it shouldn't be a problem to get the Bootloader working, but I haven't had any success. In my case, I have a working Window 10 and a working Windows 8.1. I would like to set the default HDD in the bios to my Win 10 drive and have the bootloader come up when I start the machine...then choose between Win 10 or Win 8. So far, I have tried setting the bios default startup HDD to my Win 10 drive, then used EasyRE for Win 10 to "repair" the bootloader. I expected it to work, but instead I get the error in the picture provided here by "ShockingBlue".
Any help fixing this issue is greatly appreciated!

You don't need to "repair" the boot.
Boot your latest OS and add an entry to the BCD pointing to the other OS using EasyBCD "Add an Entry".
EasyBCD Basics
When you next boot, choose whichever system you want from the boot menu.

Back