Could not mount local disk

Ochie

Hello,

I have a new Win 7 EasyRE recovery disk and it appears I don't have access to the local HD. When I try to mount I get the message "Enclosing Volume is locked." I'm new to linux so I could be missing something. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Ochie

Did the system crash before these problems began and that is why you are using the EasyRE Media? If so that is the problem. The system crashed and the disk did not get shut down properly. Linux cant access a Windows drive that was not shut down properly. If you explain what started this whole thing, we might be able to assist you.

Did the system crash before these problems began and that is why you are using the EasyRE Media? If so that is the problem. The system crashed and the disk did not get shut down properly. Linux cant access a Windows drive that was not shut down properly. If you explain what started this whole thing, we might be able to assist you.

This is actually when I booted the Recovery disk on a working Win 7 system. I wanted to test it out before I try to fix my friend's system.

Then I would say that the system didnt shut down correctly despite it being a working system. You can replicate the results using a Ubuntu LiveCD. If that cant mount the drive, then Windows is not shutting down properly at all.

Then I would say that the system didnt shut down correctly despite it being a working system. You can replicate the results using a Ubuntu LiveCD. If that cant mount the drive, then Windows is not shutting down properly at all.

Hello Mak 2.0,

I'm sorry it took so long to get back. Got sidetracked with familly issues. Anyway, I did create a Ubuntu LiveCD on this system and it can access the Windows drive without any problems. It correctly sees the local disk name and I navigated and accessed all folders. If I right click on the drive I see an option to unmount. So the original issue I had with Win 7 EasyRE not seeing the local disk is still an issue.

BTW: Thanks for suggesting creating that Ubuntu CD. That can be a handy utility to have.

Back