Disk/Partition Recovery Software

I love NeoSmart's software a lot. And I was wondering if you could make a Disk/Partition Recovery program. Because lots of them on the market are more than 100 dollars, and others only give you like about 5mbs/$10. I need to recover 500mb-2gb's of data, and I'm not going to pay that much just to recover it. :O Eek.

I was only given 1MB to recover data, but I want to recover portablefirefox from my flash drive and other apps. :??

If you would make something like this, I would be extremely grateful. You guys rock! :grinning:

-Maccer.

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Hello Maccer,

Our friends at CG Security (the name's a coincidence :wink:) have written exactly what you need:

* TestDisk to recover accidentally deleted partitions
* PhotoRec to recover accidentally deleted files.

You can also try Recuva which is great if you're running from Windows and need to recover files quickly and easily.

Hello Maccer,

Our friends at CG Security (the name's a coincidence :wink:) have written exactly what you need:

* TestDisk to recover accidentally deleted partitions
* PhotoRec to recover accidentally deleted files.

You can also try Recuva which is great if you're running from Windows and need to recover files quickly and easily.
Thanks a lot, TestDisk worked the best, but... it sorted my files and rename them... :/ Well, it required most of my documents. Time to rename them!

Again, thanks for the help. :smile:

Last edited:

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
You're welcome :smile:

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Maccer0, just FYI:

If you use TestDisk to restore actual partitions (not files) it'll return the file/folder names and hierarchy exactly as it was. To recover individual files with their names, use Recuva or PhotoRec (Recuva recommended).