Easy RE won't complete, displays "pixman" code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike878

Just purchased Easy RE to a repair a boot/BCD error in Win 8.1. Created bootable USB using Easy USB. Program seems to start and run, but stalls and displays this gibberish. Tried three times with same result. Rebooting without the Easy RE usb reverts to the Windows BCD error screen - problem was not repaired. Anyone else encounter this, and how did you resolve it? Thanks.
20180419_154423.jpg20180419_185310.jpg

I have a similar problem - but do not see your colourful-corruption. Mine progresses for some time and finally terminates with:
“Server terminated with error (1)”
It displays: "(EE) no screens found(EE)" just before this message

Good news, I contacted support and was told by Ali to select "VGA mode" when the startup menu briefly appears after booting up with Easy RE. This worked and my BCD/boot problem was successfully repaired. I initially did not see the menu to select VGA mode since it only briefly appears before proceeding, using the default mode, which resulted in the "colorful corruption". So I'm happy with the product and with support, who responded within a few hours.

Good news, I contacted support and was told by Ali to select "VGA mode" when the startup menu briefly appears after booting up with Easy RE. This worked and my BCD/boot problem was successfully repaired. I initially did not see the menu to select VGA mode since it only briefly appears before proceeding, using the default mode, which resulted in the "colorful corruption". So I'm happy with the product and with support, who responded within a few hours.
Glad you are OK now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back