EasyBCD 1.7.1 Released

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
EasyBCD 1.7.1 has just been released. It is a minor (bugfix + optimizations) build that addresses a couple of issues that have cropped up in EasyBCD 1.7 since its release 2 months ago.
Some of the changes:
  • Compatible with the new Wubi Gutsy Gibbon releases.
  • EasyBCD now warns users if NTLDR or Bootsect.dos was not found in the process of adding a XP or 9x entry.
  • The WinPE section has been completely overhauled… under the hood. No more delays, just raw, sheer performance to match the speed of WinPE 2.0 itself.
  • Rewritten (no longer caches responses) update checker.
Article: EasyBCD 1.7.1 Released
Download: EasyBCD 1.7.1 (874KB)
Screenshots: EasyBCD 1.7 Screenshot Gallery

I am about to install Vista home premium, wish me luck, I'll be installing new EasyBCD there :smile:

In worst case I can format wrong partition :tongueout:

Last edited:
Thank you Guru :smile: I didn't format wrong partition.

Sargy is on Vista! :grinning: Aero is awesome(still not like Linux but its totally nice), I just installed nVidia drivers, sound device for XP and it worked :smile: Sound works good. I'm on IE 7 at the moment while I'm typing this... I have to say... it works alright, but I'll install Firefox, of course. :happy:

Downloading & installing EasyBCD... I get that thing down, and why it said it when everything worked nice, I can see everything, EasyBCD works like a charm, I added one screenshot I made :smile:

Attachments

• boo.jpg
    boo.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 388
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 422
If you see that error, setup will be missing out on some nice graphical effects :smile: - That's all..

I added the EasyBCD 1.7 screenshot gallery as well: EasyBCD 1.7

CG. I'm not sure whether it's because McAfee's 2008 products are less intrusive or what, but Easy BCD 1.7.1 now works like a charm here.
I ditched that "other" bootloader.

Yes, when I couldn't get any buttons to work on its interface without having to close and reopen it. Now it works like a charm.

There's one other possibility: EasyBCD 1.7.1 was built with Visual Studio 2008, verses older versions for which I used Visual Studio 2005.

According to Microsoft, there shouldn't be a difference. Who knows?

Glad it's working though, that's what matters :smile:

Back