EasyBCD 2.3 - Win10Pro / Win7Ultimate - WIN10 does not boot

Rinos

1) Fujitsu SCALEO H taken at the time of "Win VISTA as Ops SyS" OEM Lycenced, Motherboard and CPU Intel Core2 DUO and HDD as appropriate.
Upon release of Win7 I've got a second HDD for installation of "WIN7 Ultimate" (not legal) but operating by a Winloader software.
Then i've got EasyBCD in order to have choice for booting which OpSys i needed.
The primary boot drive was the VISTA HDD and no problems with both OPs

2) At date, I've got and installed a legal "Win10 Pro 64Bit" to replace Windows VISTA and i am still keeping Win7 Ultimate on the second HDD.
Win10 installation had no problems.

3) I've downloaded EasyBCD 2.3 and made an installation of it on both HDDs giving:
- Windows 10
- Win7 as predefined
so there is a .BCD file on both Systems.

In BIOS the primary boot drive is the Win10 HDD (that is : never changed)

4) Now what's happening when booting the PC:

If Win7 is chosen, the PC boot on Win7 and works as usual;
If Win10 is chosen then a message appears on screen stating something as "Windows is downloading files" untill a Screen appears prompting to choice some action as

A) Boot on Win7 (default)
B) Boot on another Windows OS
and other actions.

If A) is chosen, PC boot on Win7 ;

while if B) is chosen then another Screen appears prompting for choising between WIN7 and WIN10 (I think it is the standard Dual Boot Screen).
If WIN10 is chosen then another screen appears --> Msg : Windows cannot be loaded" promptimg for actions such as "Restore System" , "Advanced options" etc.

So that I can't use Win10. Any solution ? Thanks.

Ref - the problem I have posted on Saturday at 7:19 PM
Ref - 'FAQs - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING WITH A PROBLEM'
item 3) If you've tried to make a dual-boot and it's not working ; about Disk Managment layout on PC with two or more HDD
issued by Terry60 on Jan 5, 2009

I am providing with an image about Disk Management on my PC when Win7 Ultimate is running:
DISK 0 : BIOS configured as Master; It is the prymary boot device; Win10Pro is installed here
DISK 1 : BIOS configured as Slave; Not mentioned in BIOS as boot device; Win7 Ultim is installed here
The Disk has been divided into 3 Partition but only the one WIN7 (C:smile: is relevant

Red labels points to where Flags 'System' and 'Boot' are written.

More over EasyBCD app and file .bcd installed and created on both Disks. Is this configuration good for starting Win10 also or something is wrong because ....
I remind that the BIOS prompt me starting from Win10 or Win7 but only Win7 choice is working.

Pse see attached file

Attachments

• DiskManagement.pdf
    208.2 KB · Views: 4
Thanks Terry. The problem seems to be resolved because .... "i have reinstalled Win10 from zero" and maybe something went wrong in the very first installation. Completed the installation and verified a couple of access to the system I have re-installed EasyBCD 2.3 giving Win10 as default boot and Win7 as option.
- At PC start-up the Win10 logo appears then a 'Dual-Boot screen' prompt for choice (EasyBCD at working?)
- Win10 choising : The OS is loaded.
- Win7 choising : The PC re-boot again then Win7 is loaded.
I think the above sequence is how EasyBCD manages things.

Your reply was received while I was re-installing Win10.
Before the decision to re-start from zero, I have tried all the solution proposed in 'advanced' option, and none of them worked (including the Restore Point). All have failed in some error.

If the PC reboots when you choose W7, that indicates that you have "fast boot" turned on in W10 as mentioned in my previous link.
I'd advise you to turn it off. It works fine on a W10 only PC but it doesn't play nicely in a dual-boot.

Back