EasyBCD Detected that my machine is booting in EFI mode

SelfDecode

I got a new laptop with WIndows 10 on it. I shrank the partition by 50% to make room for a Ubuntu install. The weird thing about the laptop is it has no CD/DVD drive. I don't have a USB key either so I need to find another way. When I start up EasyBSD I get this popup:
520fe52734b59fc66b607663ca4a5f93.png

I was hoping it wouldn't be a problem, but when I go to add a new entry and click the linux tab, everythings grayed out:
ab9256b7b4a346e24e7386adf225b6ef.png

I tried going into BIOS and I toggled this option called Legacy Mode, its something to do with the booting method, by enabling legacy mode, it switches to the booting method used by older Windows versions. It didn't solve the problem. Maybe I accidentally didn't save it or something. Is there a way or tool I can use on Windows to get information about BIOS, so I can see what the current booting mode is and if there are any other options.

Or is there another way I can use EasyBSD to install Ubuntu?

Your Windows installation is configured to boot in EFI mode; enabling Legacy Mode in the BIOS merely unlocks support to boot legacy mode operating systems, but your Windows boot manager is still EFI and Windows will start start in EFI mode - meaning EasyBCD won't have a legacy mode bootloader to modify.

Aside from formatting and reinstalling Windows in legacy mode, you could manually convert your installation to legacy mode. There's no automated Windows utility to convert your installation to legacy mode, but running EasyRE's automated repair will automatically convert your current Windows installation into a dual legacy/EFI installation, after which you could use EasyBCD to add the Linux entry.

Complicated, I know.

Your Windows installation is configured to boot in EFI mode; enabling Legacy Mode in the BIOS merely unlocks support to boot legacy mode operating systems, but your Windows boot manager is still EFI and Windows will start start in EFI mode - meaning EasyBCD won't have a legacy mode bootloader to modify.

Aside from formatting and reinstalling Windows in legacy mode, you could manually convert your installation to legacy mode. There's no automated Windows utility to convert your installation to legacy mode, but running EasyRE's automated repair will automatically convert your current Windows installation into a dual legacy/EFI installation, after which you could use EasyBCD to add the Linux entry.

Complicated, I know.

Back