EasyBCD v2.0.2 Error 2001

plutomaniac

When I try to run EasyBCD v2.0.2 I get an Error 2001. Configuration system failed to initialize.

What's the problem? I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and I also have Windows XP dual boot.

Edit: I have the same problem with this guy:

ERR 2001 - The NeoSmart Forums

Last edited:
Hi plutomaniac,

Try deleting "EasyBCD.exe.config" in the same folder as EasyBCD.exe in Program Files\NeoSmart Technologies

Hi plutomaniac,

Try deleting "EasyBCD.exe.config" in the same folder as EasyBCD.exe in Program Files\NeoSmart Technologies

there is no such file

EDIT: it seems that EasyDCD v1.7.2 runs just fine but when I start the program it popups a net framework error. I click continue and not exit and the program works. Maybe v2.0.2 cannot run because of net framework problem. I have tried everything to fix net framework through windows 7 but no luck so far. Do you think error 2001 has to do with net framework? I copied this from v1.7.2 error, I hope it helps:

************** Exception Text **************
System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Ενότητα παραμέτρων που δεν αναγνωρίζεται system.serviceModel. (C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config line 136)
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfInitErrors()
at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.EnsureInit(String configKey)

at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.RefreshSection(String sectionName)
at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isUserScoped)
at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
at EasyBCD.My.MySettings.get_WindowHeight()
at ..()
at ..(Object , EventArgs )
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

EDIT 2:

I FIXED IT by myself. It was a Net Framework error. The file C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config was corrupted somehow. I replaced it with machine.config.default and everything works fine now with EasyBCD. I found what the problem was from the exception details that I gave you above.

Could you please add this error and its solution to the FAQ or somewhere where other users with the same problem can get help?

Last edited:
Back