EasyRE doesn't work. At least not for me.

George Lewellen

My bootmgr is missing. Bought and downloaded EasyRE, created a bootable usb flash drive (in FAT32) using the Easy USB Creator. I never even get the "automated Repair" screen I see in the demo video, just a GNU Grub screen that I know nothing about. There are 3 choices. 1 is Easy Recovery Essentials, 2 is VGA mode, and 3 is Safe mode. Tried all 3...nothing. Bunch of writing with the words "failed" coming up in about every other sentence. Then the sentences "Timed out trying to locate boot files" and "Unable to locate boot files". Am I doing something wrong? Thanks

I had the same problem, turns out I was using a USB2.0 Thumb Drive and connecting it to a USB3 port. Plugged it into USB2 port, problem solved.

I had the same problem, turns out I was using a USB2.0 Thumb Drive and connecting it to a USB3 port. Plugged it into USB2 port, problem solved.
this also worked for me

My bootmgr is missing. Bought and downloaded EasyRE, created a bootable usb flash drive (in FAT32) using the Easy USB Creator. I never even get the "automated Repair" screen I see in the demo video, just a GNU Grub screen that I know nothing about. There are 3 choices. 1 is Easy Recovery Essentials, 2 is VGA mode, and 3 is Safe mode. Tried all 3...nothing. Bunch of writing with the words "failed" coming up in about every other sentence. Then the sentences "Timed out trying to locate boot files" and "Unable to locate boot files". Am I doing something wrong? Thanks
Same problem for me... ironically the EasyRe Essentials Knowledgbase doesn't say anything about the recovery failing

Back