EasyRE for Windows Vista x32 - Command Line Tool - Keyboard keys type incorrect text

Notso

Downloaded EasyRE for Windows Vista x32/x64, for use in booting and repairing Vista x32 OS.
I am trying to use Command Line Tool option, but which is typing ridiculous keyboard text!! The Tool opens with a display of sh-4.2# and when I type text using a standard qwerty keyboard many keys display incorrect text as follows: u displays 4, I displays 5, o displays 6, p displays +, l displays 3, k displays 2, etc., etc., well you get the picture!! This is clearly ridiculous....... I therefore do not have access to a complete range of text. Moreover, the Automated Repair option cannot repair the boot process.......... also I have two System Restore Snapshot option dates to choose from to restore, but no matter which Snapshot I choose the System Restore option simply hangs stating "Mounting partition and preparing for System Restore procedure...Restoring data...." for hours and hours until I actually force exit. HD and all files are otherwise accessible via the neosmart My Documents folder and the Partition Editor tool. What on earth is going on?? As things stand EasyRE for Windows Vista x32 would appear to be incapable of overcoming these fundamental issues. Any meaningful advice from the forum gurus would be greatly appreciated. Whilst writing, I have noted that I do appear to be one of several users who have posted with this or similar problems, and to date no solution would appear to have been found...................I do hope that this type of problem is not being ignored. Thanks.

Hello CG, thanks for your swift reply.......................yep, number lock was my first thought, but alas no, not the case............unless the indicator light and the Fn+F11 keys have all failed at the same time. I will be stripping the laptop down later to examine so as to be certain. That said, it wouldn't cause the other issues to which I refer in my first post............do you have any thoughts / advice regarding those? Thanks.

Hello CG, thanks for your swift reply.......................yep, number lock was my first thought, but alas no, not the case............unless the indicator light and the Fn+F11 keys have all failed at the same time. I will be stripping the laptop down later to examine so as to be certain. That said, it wouldn't cause the other issues to which I refer in my first post............do you have any thoughts / advice regarding those? Thanks.

This is happening to me as well. When the recovery CD loads, it automatically turns off the wifi and volume and turns on number lock. I can't type, so how can I use the command prompt? Frustrated! =/

Tasha

Contact the systemdiscs link in CG's post for an alternative CD more suited to your particular hardware. Unfortunately one-size-fits-all doesn't apply.

Back