EasyRE info please

Knuten48

EasyBCD & EasyRE are both over my head, but I'll do my best to try them.
EasyRE looks like it may be the miracle I need, as my PC seems bricked at the present.

My questions to you are: Can EasyRE work in a PC containing NO OS? Can EasyRE cure a motherboard (BIOS, CMOS, Chipset stuff) that is perhaps corrupted?

The details: I got an old, $40 desktop 2 months ago, a Dell OptiPlex 740 Athlon(64-bit) with WindowsXP Pro on it. It worked perfectly, with no problems except that every bootup said "battery low". So I got a new button battery for it, reset the time/date, and got no more "low battery" messages.

But there were odd problems: couldn't cut-copy-paste-drag-move, and couldn't open "Properties" of most MS items. I checked the specifications and for everything (except KB & mouse) it said:
"The RPC server is unavailable."
Heavily using the Dell & Windows Forums I tried countless solutions but it would not allow itself to be fixed. And Safe Mode didn't help, and System Restore wouldn't work.
[Also, I doubt there's a virus/malware; I had Avast AV & Malwarebytes installed, almost never connected to the net, and the last program I ran was a double scan of Malwarebytes.]
The last thing I tried was a clean reinstall of WinXP. It wouldn't. That is, the install went fine, past reformatting/erasing the disk, until after the first Windows Restart... then a blue screen came up stating:
"STOP: c000021a {Fatal Sysytem Error}. The Session Manager Initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc000026c (0x00000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down."
Continuing to beat my dead horse, I removed the hard disk, replaced it with a blank one and tried a clean reinstall of WinXP again, but got exactly the same results.

So that is why I wonder if EasyRE can fix whatever's wrong in the motherboard. Shall I download EasyRE and somehow use it (I haven't found any directions for it yet on the NeoSmart pages)? Thank you for any suggestions you can give!

EasyBCD & EasyRE are both over my head, but I'll do my best to try them.
EasyRE looks like it may be the miracle I need, as my PC seems bricked at the present.

My questions to you are: Can EasyRE work in a PC containing NO OS? Can EasyRE cure a motherboard (BIOS, CMOS, Chipset stuff) that is perhaps corrupted?

The details: I got an old, $40 desktop 2 months ago, a Dell OptiPlex 740 Athlon(64-bit) with WindowsXP Pro on it. It worked perfectly, with no problems except that every bootup said "battery low". So I got a new button battery for it, reset the time/date, and got no more "low battery" messages.

But there were odd problems: couldn't cut-copy-paste-drag-move, and couldn't open "Properties" of most MS items. I checked the specifications and for everything (except KB & mouse) it said:
"The RPC server is unavailable."
Heavily using the Dell & Windows Forums I tried countless solutions but it would not allow itself to be fixed. And Safe Mode didn't help, and System Restore wouldn't work.
[Also, I doubt there's a virus/malware; I had Avast AV & Malwarebytes installed, almost never connected to the net, and the last program I ran was a double scan of Malwarebytes.]
The last thing I tried was a clean reinstall of WinXP. It wouldn't. That is, the install went fine, past reformatting/erasing the disk, until after the first Windows Restart... then a blue screen came up stating:
"STOP: c000021a {Fatal Sysytem Error}. The Session Manager Initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc000026c (0x00000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down."
Continuing to beat my dead horse, I removed the hard disk, replaced it with a blank one and tried a clean reinstall of WinXP again, but got exactly the same results.

So that is why I wonder if EasyRE can fix whatever's wrong in the motherboard. Shall I download EasyRE and somehow use it (I haven't found any directions for it yet on the NeoSmart pages)? Thank you for any suggestions you can give!

I'm not sure if EasyRE will help, however Neosmart does have a pretty generous money-back guarantee. All EasyRE requests for help or for refunds must be to the support email directly as per this sticky post in that section: https://neosmart.net/forums/threads...upport-requests-to-easyre-neosmart-net.12373/

The one thing I do know, EasyRE is NOT a replacement for the OS system Disk. Merely a tool to help with booting and other issues.

Back