EasyRE specific to Windows Server environment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxette

I had a 2012 R2 go awkward one day and no longer boot - getting stuck in the dreaded loop where it tries to automatically repair itself, collects the data and then restarts the system.

Using EasyRE, I can see the two partitions 100mb for boot files (active) and the main Windows partition (non active). When I select the Windows partition to try and repair it, it gives an error that (paraphrased) I must use EasyRE for 'Windows Server 2012 R2'

To my knowledge EasyRE covers all modern Windows versions regardless of the environment type correct?

Additionally, when I try to use the partition editor in EasyRE, it starts to load (shows the GUI window) then disappears and I am left with the EasyRE background GUI again.

I have run Windows repair from command line and checked diskpart. My 100mb partition is listed as active but carries the drive letter C: where as Windows shows drive letter E: Both are healthy and sfc /scannow returns no errors or bad blocks.

I attempted all the normal bootrec /fixmbr /fixboot etc and when I use bootrec /rebuildbcd it finds the Windows installation and prompts me to decide whether to add it to the list. Upon pressing 'Y' for yes, it says that the 'device cannot be found.'

While I have done some research and seen this can be down to various things, such as trying to use Windows from a USB that's set to UEFI when the installation was BIOS and etc; I had hoped EasyRE (the pitch is in the name) would allow me messing with any of that.

So if any one has seen this before please advise how I can get the Essentials software to try an attempt a repair on my Server installation.

Thanks

Hello Roxette,

I'm presuming your issue was resolved over email, but for future reference, EasyRE is not a universal repair application and the version of EasyRE corresponding to the OS you are trying to repair must be purchased.

Hello Roxette,

I'm presuming your issue was resolved over email, but for future reference, EasyRE is not a universal repair application and the version of EasyRE corresponding to the OS you are trying to repair must be purchased.

If by resolved you mean painstakingly moved data from the drive to another temporarily, secure erased it, reinstalled Windows and the moved the data back? Then yes resolved.

Prey tell what the vast differences between Windows consumer/prosumer and Windows Server are, that would mean Neosmart needed to make a server specific version?
You're right it's not a universal repair application, it's not even a working repair application at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back