EasyRE unable to repair 0x0000225 Boot Manager Error

t121

Hi NeoSmart team,

Happy New Year!

I'm in a bit of a pickle at the moment. I had spent 2 days scouring internet forums to help resolve a 0x0000225 Boot Manager Error. I decided to try EasyRe after seeing the good reviews, but unfortunately it has not helped. Fortunately I have access to an older very slow laptop that I can use in the meantime.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium on a Samsung NP530U4BI-A03UK laptop. I was trying to update to Windows 7 Ultimate when the problem started. My Windows Boot Manager is corrupted and the Recovery disks/Full Windows 7 Installation DVD do not work.

When I put my Samsung Windows 7 Home Premium recovery CD or my full Windows 7 Ultimate CD (which I was trying to upgrade to) I get to the "Where do you want to install windows?" and when I click the allocated space it says" the selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks."

I have burned 3 copies (different CD-R brands and tried normal and low speed burning) of the Windows 7 home EasyRe iso and none are working. When I put the CD in - I hear it running in the drive but it only produces a black screen.

I bought the Windows 7 Home version of EasyRe. Did I get the wrong version? If I did can I get a refund and then purchase the Windows 7 Professional Edition which your website says works with partitions?

Many thanks for the anticipated help. Please see attached pictures.

Tony

Attachments

• IMG_00000144.jpg
    IMG_00000144.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_00000142.jpg
    IMG_00000142.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_00000138.jpg
    IMG_00000138.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Drive options?

Did you select "Drive Options (advanced)" when trying the install ?

Hi Terry,
Sorry for late response. Was not expecting a reply after seeing the sticky that said that responses for EasyRe are only done by email. I don't know what you mean by "drive options" as screen was completely blank when I put the EasyRe disc in.

This morning I just got an email with a link for the WIndows 7 64-bit EasyRe version. Have tried that now and I get the message "BOOTMGR image is corrupt, The system cannot boot" and then the CD stops spinning.

Still at a loss as to what to do.

Tony

I was referring to the options on the OS installation, not the EasyRE disc.
You said you were unable to do the install. That would explain why there's no boot process to fix.

reinstallation sorted

I was referring to the options on the OS installation, not the EasyRE disc.
You said you were unable to do the install. That would explain why there's no boot process to fix.

Hi Terry,

eventually able to reinstall windows after using a partition recovery software. So problem now fixed.

Tony

Back