EasyRE works but then displays nothing on-screen

Hello there.

I hope I'm in the right place, sorry if not.

Recently my windows 7 system had a crisis and won't boot. After trawling many forums and trying a number of things, I found system discs. I bought and downloaded EasyRE and then used EasyBCD to boot up a USB stick. I put it in the sick laptop and after changing the boot order it proceeded to display a list of things it was doing on the screen. It went through a number of these for no more than a minute before it stopped and now nothing is displayed on-screen. The problem is I don't know if it is doing anything or whether just to leave it.

When I first had the problem I tried the system repair startup thing, and after going through a screen or two including the 'loading files' one it goes to the windows 'splash screen' (blue patterned screen similar to user login screen but without writing or logo) and stays there for hours. I have left it for hours and it doesn't progress from there. Is this normal? If I knew it was doing something important I wouldn't mind but I don't know that it is!

So in a nutshell, the solutions I am trying to tackle the problems are inconclusive because after doing some things it gets to a point where I don't know whats going on!

Ideally I want to try a system restore , or just get to the recovery option where I can run commands such as chkdsk and run/scannow. But I can't do that because nothing goes anywhere.

I'd really appreciate help on this, thanks very much.

If nothing comes up on screen then the version you have is not compatible with your video card and all you have to do is email system disk to get a version that has better potential to work.

Send an email to support@systemdiscs.com to get a different version.

With this new technology there are growing pains. No one has ever tried to use Linux as the core for fixing Windows based problems like we have here. It is still very much trial and error at this point trying to get all possible combinations of hardware to work with the various disks we have created and tested on our limited supply of test systems.

If nothing comes up on screen then the version you have is not compatible with your video card and all you have to do is email system disk to get a version that has better potential to work.

Send an email to support@systemdiscs.com to get a different version.

With this new technology there are growing pains. No one has ever tried to use Linux as the core for fixing Windows based problems like we have here. It is still very much trial and error at this point trying to get all possible combinations of hardware to work with the various disks we have created and tested on our limited supply of test systems.

Many thanks Mak, I have emailed support@.

Addendum

New problem: Screen hasn't gone blank this time but says the following:

Welcome to your box!

winre login:

So its asking me to login but I know of no login

I too have this problem, it boots from the disc, but then proceed to ask me to sign in with my winre login, and i have no idea what to do here!

EasyRE stops at Linux login

I too have this problem, it boots from the disc, but then proceed to ask me to sign in with my winre login, and i have no idea what to do here!

Exactly same problem here. EasyRE boots fine, comes up with the OS selection screen, then loads Linux and stops at:
Welcome to your box!
SliTaz
Winre login:

What are we supposed to do now?

According to your documentation, we should get the main recovery options screen!

Regards

Walter

I too have the reached stalemate at;

Welcome to your box!
SliTaz GNU/Linux Dernel 2.6.37-slitaz tty1

winre login:

I have tried to enter through "winre login:", and of course I recieve another "winre login:" prompt.

I have tried entering the login and password that were used to gain access and recieved "Login incorrect".

Thank you.

People please read my Response again. I give the answer there.

Mak; I've reread your part several times and see nothing about how t to get past the SliTaz login prompt. Can you please spell out out for me? Thank you

Addendum

Ah. "Contact support" Gotcha

Mak; I've reread your part several times and see nothing about how t to get past the SliTaz login prompt. Can you please spell out out for me? Thank you

Yes send an email. They will have to send you a different version. There is no way to get around the Login prompt, you have to try a different version of EasyRE. :grinning:

Back