Forum Quirks

"Terry, you can't edit those old posts because they're old - not because of the signature thing "
I think it was a bit more quirky than that Guru! The post previous to the one where I replaced my avatar and sig, which was only minutes old, was the first one I noticed to be uneditable.
Now that you've fixed my historic backlog sigs (thanks for that btw), all posts prior to the one where I added the sig are uneditable, all newer are OK.
I'm sure the profile update had something to do with it, but it's no big deal, just another one of those little coding quirks that niggles at the minds of people like me (you too I bet !)

"I didn't know you could make these pictures yourself!"

I'll dig out the info on the software (it's on my old system - not this one) and post a link for anyone that wants to try it.

Last edited:
Thanks Peter, you've made me feel young again.
Our posts crossed - did you see the attachment I edited in.

Yes thanks Terry. Got that in good 3D this time...LOL

I knew I'd need those things one of these days. I'm not a pack rat for nothing!!

To be Honest, I can't find the software on my old system. I don't remember now what it was called, so I don't know what to search for, but I think it's probably been uninstalled.
Anyhow, a quick web search has revealed
http://www.callipygian.com/3D/
which is freeware with the same function, and could quite possibly be the same one.

Yes I saw the Photoshop info. Slightly different though - It was actually used to mathematically transform a single lunar image into two from differing virtual viewpoints. Then the freeware made those 2 images into the anagylph.
Sudden inspiration, the use of the "a" word reminded me I'd emailed my dad about the software, so I looked it up in my old email archive.
http://www.z-graphix.com/anaglyph/zanag_en.htm
though now I click on it, they appear to be defunct.

Correction.

Now I read that email - I did actually make the ammonite picture for red/blue ! I'll update my sig

Last edited:
Back