Harry Potter & Lord of the Rings

well i t depends, Gandalf is Grey then White. So youre half and half.
About my wizard ranks can somebody verify them? Im pretty sure its Radagast but i may be mistaken anybody else read the books?

well i t depends, Gandalf is Grey then White. So youre half and half.
About my wizard ranks can somebody verify them? Im pretty sure its Radagast but i may be mistaken anybody else read the books?

Read them years ago and have long since forgotten, sorry. I'm not about to start them again just to look this up!

well me too, i think its been 5 years or so since i read them. But Radagas just stuck for some reason and i refreshed with the movies

Yeah i remember being a brown wizard for a time. It made me feel wierd. Like i was the wizard of Charlie Brown or another substance that is brown. I didnt realize that they were wizard ranks till i asked it at one point. Wonder where that thread went....

alex did you read charlie brown its a cheap rippoff copy of harry potter excepts its alot lamer i don't know about you guys but i favor harry potter over lord of the rings

alex did you read charlie brown its a cheap rippoff copy of harry potter excepts its alot lamer i don't know about you guys but i favor harry potter over lord of the rings

Charlie Brown is a what?

Charlie Brown - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Charlie Brown is from the early 1960's. Long before Harry Potter was ever thought of. That is the Charlie Brown i am thinking of. :scared: Lord of the rings was out in the mid 1950's.

The reason why Harry Potter has such appeal is because it was written more to today's tim frame. While LOTR and that were written over 50 years ago. Times have chagned.

aligator: Charlie Brown... You know, Snoopy? Lucy? Linus? Woodstock?

What does that have to do with Harry Potter!?

That's what I was thinking. Hardly the same league. JRR Tolkien's Lord of the Rings series of books are literary classics, JK Rowling's Harry Potter series literary masterpieces, but Charlie Brown....gimme a break!

Last edited:
Charlie Brown is a masterpiece of its own. Maybe not novel or literary but as for Comics it is the legend that stood the test of time. All the holiday classics that it had. It may not stand to be classified in the same manner as LOTR or HArry Potter. But Peantus as it is known as is still a great masterpiece on its own. just as Garfield and Dennis the Menace are. I still like Far Side personally.

What? Huh? That post makes me confused....

You were wondering about a thread:

Yeah i remember being a brown wizard for a time. It made me feel wierd. Like i was the wizard of Charlie Brown or another substance that is brown. I didnt realize that they were wizard ranks till i asked it at one point. Wonder where that thread went....

So i looked it up and its:
Vista Install DVD won't Install, Bootloader destroyed Posts number 9 and 10

Addendum:

Plus aligator seems to have mistaken Charlie Brown (Snoopy) with another series called Charlie Bone/ Children of the Red King:
Children of the Red King - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its kind of a little kids' series so i doubt most of the posters hear would have read it.

Last edited:
Hey Peter,
I won't hear a word said against my fellow flier Snoopy, the hero of numerous encounters with the Red Baron, ace pilot of the Sopwith Kennel.
My first misuse of IBM funds was in the production of "Curse you Red Baron ! " calendars on the 120dB line printers (and the perpetual calendar program - one of my first ventures in 360 assembler)

Last edited:
AT least it seems that i am not the only one who has found Snoopy and Peanuts to be a lost legend of sorts. Sorry to see the creator die and teh series with it. Good thing i hae several volumes of the work ot to mention the holiday specials saved up for my daughter for when she gets older. Have to keep the good stuff alive. :grinning:

Hey Peter,
I won't hear a word said against my fellow flier Snoopy, the hero of numerous encounters with the Red Baron, ace pilot of the Sopwith Kennel.
My first misuse of IBM funds was in the production of "Curse you Red Baron ! " calendars on the 120dB line printers (and the perpetual calendar program - one of my first ventures in 360 assembler)

Don't misunderstand me, I love Snoopy and the gang. I'm glued to the TV whenever those Peanuts specials are on.

Back