help recover vista from usb

sswis

I went about backing up my system and copying my recovery drive to the usb. I DID NOT make a recovery disk because I didn't think I would have any problems. When trying to restore my system to factory settings I received an error "unable to bootmgr" type ctrl+alt+delete. I panicked and found a windows system cd from one of the other computers in the house. I started the system reformat on C drive not touching my D:recovery drive. BIG mistake::::WRONG OS. My laptop was vista prior and I just reformatted to XP. I did a partition search using free software, and my recovery files are still intact on my laptop.

Now the question is?? can I get to my recovery drive to change my OS? My wireless is not enabled and I can not get even the Ethernet to recognize the internet to even update to service pack 3 on xp??

I own a HP Pavilion dv2941se Entertainment Notebook PC.

Again, I DO NOT have the recovery CD for Vista.

PLEASE HELP!:glare: or should I break down and spend the money on a recovery disk?

Addendum

I ordered the CDs anyway

Last edited:
Ah yes I forgot that these are custom made and not Windows. Can use any tutorial about putting Linux on a USB Drive then.

Back