How do I fix my Win7 boot loader from another computer?

Dingo07

I installed Norton Ghost 15 and ran LightsOut Restore, and now my computer continuously boots into the restore mode. How do I manually fix the boot loader on that drive, from another computer? I physically have it in another computer and can access it, but I don't know what files to edit. Can someone help me out - in a big bind!

Can I edit the boot loader inside EasyBCD from a computer that I'm not booted into?

I already tried fixing it by running the windows recovery method from the original Win7 dvd console, fixboot, etc. didn't work.

Thanks in advance!

Dean

EDIT - What if I delete the SRD directory... will that help any?

Addendum:

Well, it seems that did the trick - deleting the SRD directory allowed me to select Windows 7 from the boot loader, because the program it was trying to boot was not available. Loaded to the desktop like nothing happened after that, and then I deleted the entry from the boot list using EasyBCD.

Last edited:
I installed Norton Ghost 15 and ran LightsOut Restore, and now my computer continuously boots into the restore mode. How do I manually fix the boot loader on that drive, from another computer? I physically have it in another computer and can access it, but I don't know what files to edit. Can someone help me out - in a big bind!

Can I edit the boot loader inside EasyBCD from a computer that I'm not booted into?

I already tried fixing it by running the windows recovery method from the original Win7 dvd console, fixboot, etc. didn't work.

Thanks in advance!

Dean

EDIT - What if I delete the SRD directory... will that help any?

Addendum:

Well, it seems that did the trick - deleting the SRD directory allowed me to select Windows 7 from the boot loader, because the program it was trying to boot was not available. Loaded to the desktop like nothing happened after that, and then I deleted the entry from the boot list using EasyBCD.

Glad you managed to solve it yourself. That may help others in the same predicament, thanks for posting what you did.

Back