How much it would cost to repair my laptop?

johnlee

I have an HP laptop and i need a new battery, also i need to know how much it would cost to have the cooling fan in it replaced because it doesn't work any more, also it was knocked over before and the port where you plug the charger in got bent or broke where you have to pull it to the side and have something hold it there while it is plugged in for it to get connection to charge it now. How much separately would all of this coast to be fixed and purchased?

It's impossible for someone to tell you that remotely but off the top of my head I would say it's probably cheaper to buy a new laptop. Only a local computer repair place can tell you that, or, if the laptop is still under warranty, call your local HP Support.

Batteries can go from anywhere between $5 to $75 online. Depending on if you trust the sellers on eBay.

The cooling fan should only be about $5-$10 as they are never that expensive. But trying to open the laptop and put it back together without breaking anything else is a chore all its own.

The 3rd problem is going to cost you. Cause you need to replace that part, the AC Adapter port plus hope it didnt damage the mother board. On top of that you need to know how to solder and have those tools at your disposal. So that part can be just a few $ while the soldering tools can be upwards of $25 or more for just the iron. Not including the stand, solder and knowledge to now destroy or solder leads together.

If what I just said doesnt make any sense, DO NOT try to attempt to fix the laptop yourself. Send it to HP.

Most reputable places, HP included I am sure, will give you an estimate of what it's going to cost anyway, so you can decide whether or not it's worth it.

Back