IIS7 & PHP

toxic chicken

Distinguished Member
so i'm trying to get php working.

i already copied all the php files from my xp drive.

now i need to configure iis to use php.exe for *.php/*.phtml files.

i know how to do it in iis5, but the iis7 manager confuses me.

so how do i do it, all-knowing computer guru? :tongueout:

edit: i also wasn't sure where to put this, so i just put it here since it's part of vista.

that was actually the exact same snapshot that i had already. =P

edit: well, i tried to do it myself, but i did something wrong. with iis7, i have no clue what i'm doing, so i'm probably better off just letting you tell me how i'm supposed to do it. :tongueout:

Hey Toxic,

I'm really sorry about this delay, I was intending on posting the steps yesterday, but I didn't have any freetime at the office.

I don't know if you noticed, but yesterday we had close to 16 hours of downtime as a result of extreme traffic, and I spent most of the day on the phone negotiating a deal with our hosts that ended up costing us 40 USD more a month, so as you can imagine it was quite a hectic situation.

If you still need any help with PHP/IIS7, let us know...

Would you mind posting the steps that worked for you?

Thanks!

yeah, i figured it out while the site was down. i'm really tired of that "account suspended" page, three sites i go to have been suspended recently. only one of them was my fault :tongueout: (seriously, i'm not joking). i made davo (the admin there) a new forum site on my server til he gets his back up. it's a long story how we got it suspended.

anyways, this is what i did:
1)added the isapi filter (C:\PHP\php5isapi.dll) under "isapi filters" (who would've guessed?)
2)added the isapi filter (C:\PHP\php5isapi.dll) under "isapi filter restrictions" and allowed it (don't know if i had to but what the hell)
3)went into "handler mappings" and added *.php and *.phtml, both using C:\PHP\php5isapi.dll.

Awesome, thanks for the steps Toxic, they seem quite easy to follow, eh?

If you got those sites suspended by driving too much traffic their way, NeoSmart Technologies needs you :tongueout:

No really, if we're paying 40 extra a month, let's make it worth it :grinning:

Computer Guru said:
If you got those sites suspended by driving too much traffic their way, NeoSmart Technologies needs you :tongueout:

No really, if we're paying 40 extra a month, let's make it worth it :grinning:
haha, no. it's a pretty long story involving davo's other admin giving me access to the server and me hacking into a website on dotservant. which i don't feel like explaining in detail right now. :tongueout:

Back