installing new hard drive in laptop

CarolynnW

my acer aspire's laptop hard drive crashed so I purchased a new one, but had no recovery disk made so I purchased neosmart recovery disk for windows. Now when I try to use them to install windows on my new hard drive it says "unable to find any valid windows partition on this computer". I'm afraid I need step by step instructions to set up my new hard drive. Any help will be greatly appreciated. :smile:

The EasyRE recovery disc is only to help you fix a broken boot. It's not a replacement copy of Windows.
You'll need to go to Acer for recovery media for your laptop if you failed to make a portable copy of its factory recovery partition while the machine was in working condition.
Given the serial number, they should be able to provide you with the ability to get the original Windows OS reinstalled at lower cost than buying a new retail copy of Windows.

NeoSmart Technologies has developed various system repairs discs and recovery tools for Windows that contain automated and advanced repair tools. These discs do not contain setup files, and cannot be used to install Windows. Please note that we cannot guarantee these CDs will fix your PC.

At the bottom of every page on the SystemDiscs website. As Terry said you will have to contact Acer to get a replacement disk or order one directly from Microsoft.

How to replace Microsoft software or hardware, order service packs, and replace product manuals

Did you read my response that states you can get it directly from Microsoft? If Acer doesn't have it, then get it from the people who make the software. That way no bloat will be included.

Back