Installing Vista 5365 Via Virtual Drives

Hi im running a laptop with 1.5 ghz centrino and 1.2 gb ram, single hard drive(60gb) and windows vista Ultimate 5365 installed. I installed Vista over my XP Home Sp2. So now vista is my main standalone Operating system(probably a huge drowsy 3am mistake of mine!). It has 3 days til activation void message! I dont know how to remove it and revert back to XP! Ive read very many online forums including this one, they all say to reformat my hard drive! if so how do i do that with Vista! is there a step by step guide? do i plop in my Xp dvd?
Crap i wasnt thinking... i probably made a huge mistake!

Please Help!
Thanks for reading!!,
Frankie
:crazy: :scared:

Hello Frankie,

2 Questions:

1) Do you have a Vista DVD?
2) Did you install Vista on a new partition? Or did you upgrade your XP to Vista?

I'm splitting this to it's own topic, that should get some more attention and we also olike to keep things organized.

No i didnt make a partition(which was my biggest mistake), Vista is the standalone OS for this computer. I upgraded to Vista 5365 from Xp Sp2. Yes i have Vista 5365 and Xp Sp2 DVD discs.
How do i get my XP running again as the main Operating system while reformatting my hard drive and all Vista traces?
Is there an easy way? I tried putting in my Vista DVD to Uninstall vista.. DIDNT work.
I tried Putting my XP CD in to overwrite Vista.. DIDNT work either. it said "Windows Compatability Issues" . I even tried doing both of those things While in Safe mode. still no luck. I just want my computer to be restored to XP and completely forget i ever installed Vista 5365. :lup:

OK, here is where you stand:

You can go back to XP.
You will lose all installed programs. You will need to backup all existing data.
You will have to format. You will have to reinstall XP from scratch....

Harsh, I know, but that's the only option.

Now we can guide you through that though, so you won't feel too lonely :smile: We've all been there at some point or the other :wink:.

1) Grab VistaBootPRO, and install it.
2) Go to the "Advanced Settings" tab in VistaBootPRO and select "Delete Vista Boot Loader." Press OK on all the prompts, and then restart, with your XP CD in the CD-ROM Drive.
3) At the drive prompt, delete (not format, but delete) all partitions; then make a new partition there and set up XP on it.
4) That should do the trick :smile:

YEs! Thank you I shall try That! :smile:
Ill get back to you on XP Hopefully My friend.. See you after RebOOT
I am Not worried about files. My current Files and Progs are expendable.. i already have them all backed up online and usb hd's.
:wink:

:evil: :grinning:

also one more question.. say if i were to re-install vista on my hd with partition next time... how would i remove this little bugger fron the desktop?

svbr.JPG

Fixed tags. Please use bbcode instead of HTML /CG

There was a hack for putting it on XP, I'm fairly certain it can be reverse-applied to remove it on Vista, I'll see if I can find it for you :smile: ^*^

Im back! Hehe with xp... but yea i was aware of the Windows Version Tag for XP.. im just not sure how to get it of vista.. anyways i didnt know why i didnt try that before.. it was very easy to get my Xp restored.. maybe i fell for the idea that it was horribly difficult to delete the boot for vista.. I was so clouded on that idea hehe

Thanks for your help.. Ill keep in touch :grinning:

knaughtynitefox said:
Im back! Hehe with xp... but yea i was aware of the Windows Version Tag for XP.. im just not sure how to get it of vista.. anyways i didnt know why i didnt try that before.. it was very easy to get my Xp restored.. maybe i fell for the idea that it was horribly difficult to delete the boot for vista.. I was so clouded on that idea hehe
What, you don't like Vista?! :crazy:

Back