Instead of Easybcd, Grub takes over.... now what did I do wrong

railvis

Hi,
The laptop is an ASUS with ample everything, including 500 GB disk.
The disk map is as follows
22 GB hidden Recovery (where the recovery W7 sits)
120 GB = C for W7
195 GB = D for data, I like to keep data separate
65.5 GB = F for all installed programs that adhere to proper installation rules (as opposed to Windows C enforcement)

Then I had some left, so I decided to install Linux MINT (Katya version), which uses
60 GB for Mint
3.7 GB for Linux Swap
But the installer did NOT include a separate little disk space to put the MBR on, so that may be my problem.

I had Easybcd installed first, but since W7 was the only OS it just moves on at boot time and starts W7.
Then I installed Mint, and let the installer do its job. There were no questions if I wanted to use GRUB or LILO and where that should go.

Then when I first rebooted my pc, sure enough GRUB came in and asked me if I wanted to start MINT in about 4 flavors, and lo and behold, the last line said W7.:rage:
If I pick W7 the screen blanks out and comes up with Easybcd asking me what I want to boot W7 or Neosmart Linux (yes, I have meanwhile changed that name).

In short, Grub has taken over and Easybcd comes second, and that was NOT what I had in mind. I had wanted to have Easybcd come on and ask me which one I want.:tongueout:oint:
Now is there anyone who knows how to fix this (without a re-install of W7)???

Thanks for help,
Railvis
NL

Back