Invalid boot.ini file, booting from c:\windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalero

Hi all,

last afternoon I installed a new hard disk and a FreeBSD on it. Then I was trying to make a dual boot with EasyBCD between Windows XP and FreeBSD, each one on each hard disk. When I first ran EasyBCD, I saw that the first screen (the screen showing the BCD entries) was empty and disabled (in grey colour), so I added two entries, one for Windows and one for FreeBSD, and I tried to boot into FreeBSD. Due to some configuration issues that I'm trying to solve, I did a reset of the BCD configuration in order to back to the original configuration and to have only the Windows XP boot. My surprise was that at the boot process, the computer displayed a "Invalid boot.ini file, booting from c:\windows" and then booted into Windows correctly. I've been reading many pages that say I should execute bootrec /rebuild, fixboot or fixmbr commands from the Windows revovery console and I did all that, but the message is displayed yet. I looked at the boot.ini file inside C:\ and it's ok, I also checked if it is read only (and it is) and applied attributes 's', 'r' and 'h', but I still see the message. I don't have any problem to boot into Windows, but I don't like to have that message I didn't have it before when I boot into Windows. Any idea about what's happening and what should I do? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back