iReboot 2.0.1.42 command line options do not work

Hi,

I'm using iReboot 2.0.1.42 on Windows 10 64-bit and it starts the tray icon at boot and works fine from the tray. But as I want to reboot to some specific os from scheduled tasks I tried to create shortcuts with command-line options. I thought this should work according to the command line specification in the iReboot 2.0 beta thread but it when I try to do this in a windows shortcuts it only start a second instance of iReboot in the tray icon instead of booting to another os. What am I doing wrong? I think it's a bug but correct me if I'm wrong.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NeoSmart Technologies\iReboot\iReboot.exe" /reboot yes /sticky no /target {05df7a09-e2da-11e5-bcff-847113f35172}

That target I tooked up from EasyBCD simple view. So what I want is to boot directly into the target os when the shortcut is execute withouth making this choice sticky.

I also tried with {current} as target and removed sticky with no luck. I also closed the tray-icon prior to executing the shortcut with always the same result. It just starts the tray icon, nothing more. I also tried runinng the shortcut as admin but as iReboot it also didn't help (which is no surprise as iReboot should just contact its service).

Would be grateful or any help, or if it's a bug please fix in one of the next versions. Thank you very much.

Yes! I have this problem too. I was bashing my head trying to find out what I was doing wrong. I would also like a reply from the developers, if they are aware of that. I hope you can fix it. Thank you!

I believe the command line arguments feature was part of a beta build that never made it to final due to lack of interest. It's something I'm looking into re-integrating in the (near) future.

I believe the command line arguments feature was part of a beta build that never made it to final due to lack of interest. It's something I'm looking into re-integrating in the (near) future.

Hey, Thanks for replying! I didn't know that. I think these commands are a unique and important part of the app, even more perhaps than the tray utility itself. I am using them to trigger a reboot to a specified OS remotely.
Do you remember which beta build was it and if there is any way that build works in Windows10?

Please try to re-intergrate them.

It would not have been in any build past 19. They're unsupported on Windows 10, but will likely work.

Back