iReboot 2.0 Discussion Thread

Thanks for that, SIW2. I'll have a look later tonight and hopefully upload a new build for teting.

@Justin: I've fixed the [ c o d e ] tags. Yipee! :smile:

Thanks . Looking forward to the next build.

What does the "out of range message " indicate in this context?

Code tags looking great now - thanks.

There were some hard-coded widths in the source code of the template I'm basing the forums off of :smile:

And, you're right, we have certainly waited long enough for that! And it was so stupid too, I should haev had that fixed ages ago.

Addendum:

SIW2, can you please test it in build 19?

Last edited:
Just install it and it'll add an icon next to the clock in the taskbar. You can then right-click on that icon to boot into a particular system directly.

Just install it and it'll add an icon next to the clock in the taskbar. You can then right-click on that icon to boot into a particular system directly.

so actually this program bypasses the Windows Boot Manager and boots directly in one system, right?

Anyway, thank you for your help...

iReboot is not working in my Win7 x64 note, the service starts and imediately stops, when i run iReboot.exe as admin it doesn't show anything when i click or right click the icon.
I'm using build 19.

keep up the good work

Sure

here it is

Code:
Windows Boot Manager
--------------------
identifier              {9dea862c-5cdd-4e70-acc1-f32b344d4795}
device                  partition=C:
description             Windows Boot Manager
locale                  en-us
inherit                 {7ea2e1ac-2e61-4728-aaa3-896d9d0a9f0e}
default                 {d5f1ac0c-3a98-11df-85a0-00030dabdcea}
resumeobject            {d5f1ac0b-3a98-11df-85a0-00030dabdcea}
displayorder            {d5f1ac0c-3a98-11df-85a0-00030dabdcea}
                        {de1631f1-5581-11df-8118-d72902e5c903}
toolsdisplayorder       {b2721d73-1db4-4c62-bf78-c548a880142d}
timeout                 3
displaybootmenu         Yes

Windows Boot Loader
-------------------
identifier              {d5f1ac0c-3a98-11df-85a0-00030dabdcea}
path                    \Windows\system32\winload.exe
description             Windows 7 Ultimate
locale                  pt-BR
loadoptions             DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
inherit                 {6efb52bf-1766-41db-a6b3-0ee5eff72bd7}
osdevice                partition=C:
systemroot              \Windows
resumeobject            {d5f1ac0b-3a98-11df-85a0-00030dabdcea}
nx                      OptOut
pae                     Default
detecthal               Yes
sos                     No
debug                   No

Real-mode Boot Sector
---------------------
identifier              {de1631f1-5581-11df-8118-d72902e5c903}
path                    \NST\AutoNeoGrub0.mbr
description             Ubuntu 10.04

Hello,

I've got a question:

One day sitting in the sun nearby the Weser River I tought about how nice it would be to have a list with all my operating systems in the Windows Options - just like: "Turn Off", "Standby", "Change User", "Change Operating System to Vista", "Change Operating System to XP"...

Is there a chance to realise this?

So that I'm able to have all my operating Systems in the list of options you get in "Start" -> "Turn off".

In case you don't understand my english there is a picture attached to this Post.

Attachments

• info.PNG
    info.PNG
    75.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Hmmm, great idea there, not sure how hard it would be to code it though. You are talking about one of those menus that open though like it does in Vista/W7, right? If not (since you're in XP), thats fine too, but as you can see there even if it could be done theres not very much room to list the different entries.

Last edited:
I'm not able to say how difficult this would be, but there is plenty of space in the Options to add an new one. May be it's not possible at all...!?

Here is an other screenshot from XP:
This is shown after by klicking "Abmelden".
Simply add a third Button "Change operating system", and after using it show a list of installed Systems.

As you can see in my first screenshot I've already added a shortcut icon leading to ubuntu in my List. This is possible because it is installed as a virtual machine in VirtualBox.
Is there a commandline for creating such shortcuts realised in the new Version of iReboot?

For those of you using Vista there is another screenshot in Vista. :wink:

Attachments

• info2.PNG
    info2.PNG
    35.6 KB · Views: 6
  • info3.png
    info3.png
    111.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I'm not able to say how difficult this would be, but there is plenty of space in the Options to add an new one. May be it's not possible at all...!?
I highly doubt Microsoft wrote an interface for programmatically changing such a low-level component like the options list, and adding new buttons, but I could be wrong.
Here is an other screenshot from XP:
This is shown after by klicking "Abmelden".
Simply add a third Button "Change operating system", and after using it show a list of installed Systems.

As you can see in my first screenshot I've already added a shortcut icon leading to ubuntu in my List. This is possible because it is installed as a virtual machine in VirtualBox.
Is there a commandline for creating such shortcuts realised in the new Version of iReboot?

For those of you using Vista there is another screenshot in Vista. :wink:
Actually, you can't see a shortcut icon leading to ubuntu in your first screenshot (nor in your second). It is only the standard "Change User" and "Cancel" options in the first screenshot, and the standard options in the second screenshot as well (only its in German instead of English).

EDIT: Since the first screenshot you attached is called "info2.png" and the second "info3.png", maybe you forgot to upload the first screenshot you're referring to?

Last edited:
It, like everything else, is doable. As Jake says, Microsoft doesn't make this readily available via the Windows APIs, but I've done some shell hacking for my work at Genie and it's a real PITA.

However: I don't really see the benefit of this over the taskbar icon, at least not enough to make this worth the effort.

Honestly: no clue. I'm going to have to add logging to the service in order to find out what's going wrong.

Sorry for the delay though, Marlus.

Back