iReboot 2.0 Discussion Thread

But this causes my computer to start the operating system specified as target upon next start.
Also after turn my computer off and start it again later.

This will keep me in one operating system whenever I start my computer - or am I wrong?
I'm going to test it - now.
I will post a report here.

Edit Report:
That's it:
Using this I will have the same effect on using "Neu starten" and "Ausschalten".
There's no diffrence between "Neu starten" and "Ausschalten".
I'm reaching the same operating system but I want to XP on "Neu starten" the Bootmanager on "Ausschalten".

Is there actually a way?

Last edited:
The above allows you to use the reboot option from the windows menu there to reboot into the current OS and you would use the shortcuts you've created if you wanted something different.

Yes, turning on the computer later might start that OS. If this is a problem you'll need to stick to your shortcuts only or use the menu if you don't mind running iReboot at startup.

Have been looking for 'sticky' reboots for a long time, so I thought I'd join the forum to ask a question.
Now I see that ireboot 2.0 is sticky: GREAT. Tried Beta 19 at once on my Win 7 32 bit.
But:
Q1:how does it work? It seems only via command line. The icon in the system tray does nothing: no reacion on right- and left-clicks.
Q2: why not just add a 'Reboot sticky' checkbox like the 'Reboot on selection' checkbox on the rightclick of the icon?

The reboot sticky option is available in the config file, I don't want to clutter up the UI. I may do something like OS X where if you hold down alt while opening a menu you'll see more advanced options.

The current beta build has some issues, that's probably why you're not seeing the menu.

thanks.

It seems that there is a bug in build 18+ where the service doesn't run. Will look into it.

Yes, same situation here. Win 7 x86 SP1 iReboot build 19 gui doesn't work, from command line also doesn't work, the service doesn't run.
With build 17 both working.

Last edited:
More or less. The released iReboot works really well for almost everyone. I may just update that one a little instead.

iReboot 2.0 Beta - sitting quietly in Task Manager

When iReboot runs in the system tray, it doesn't respond to any mouse action.
Nor can I instruct iReboot with a command line switch. It then just starts a new instance.
The build is 19, OS is W7(64).

What can I do?

allard

Addendum

Build 17 works.

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm using iReboot 2.0.1.42 on Windows 10 64-bit and starts the tray icon at boot and works fine. But as I want to reboot to some os from scheduled tasks I wanted to use command-line options. I thought this should work according to the command line specification in the iReboot 2.0 beta thread but it only start a second tray bar icon and does nothing apart from that. What am I doing wrong?

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NeoSmart Technologies\iReboot\iReboot.exe" /reboot yes /sticky no /target {05df7a09-e2da-11e5-bcff-847113f35172}

That target I took from EasyBCD simple view. So what I want is to boot directly into the target os when the shortcut is executed withouth making this choice sticky.

Edit:
I also tried with {current} as target and removed sticky. I also closed the tray-icon prior to executing the shortcut with always the same result. It just starts the tray icon, nothing more. I also tried runinng the shortcut as admin but as iReboot should just contact a service this should not be needed.

Last edited:
Is there any way to add iReboot shortcut on desktop? So that executing it would lead to rebooting to certain OS (rather than using tray icon)?
On the last page, mqusdi says:
"You just create a shortcut to iReboot.exe. In the shortcut properties, just modify the "path" to add the command line arguments.".
Looks like exactly what I need, only, I have no idea what are those "command line arguments".
Could someone help here?
Thanks!!!

Back