Ireboot 2 does not work on windows 10

I bought Ireboot 2 a while ago and installed it on Windows 10 to boot into Windows 7. It does nothing when I click on it in Windows 10 but works fine in Windows 7. To use Windows 7 I have to either restart or shut down the machine and select Windows 7 from the boot options. All so when I bought it I received a licence key but I don't know where it goes or what to do with it.

I also uninstalled ireboot 2.0.1 because after using it twice to reboot it loses its right-click functionality in Windows 10 rendering it useless.

Any fix for this?

Ex_Brit

If you're going through hell, keep going
Staff member
I got that a few times. Version 2.0.1 is Win 10 ready . Try uninstalling and reinstalling a fresh copy from the website.

Ex_Brit

Staff member
I forgot to add make sure you run the installer using the right-click "Run as Administrator" option.

Thanks for your reply. I installed a fresh copy with administrator rights, right-click menu still doesn't work still rendering ireboot 2.0.1 useless on my Windows 10-machine.

Ex_Brit

Staff member
I'll try to get help with this then.

Ex_Brit

Staff member
BTW you mentioned that you bought it....it's free unless used in commercial situations, so you may obtain a refund if you wish by reading here: Refund Policy - NeoSmart Technologies

Also 1 other question, I assume you have EasyBCD installed on one of your OS's, which one? Also which one is your default system, 10 or 7 ?

Hi Peter,

I didn't mention I bought a licence, I'm using the non-commercial version.

To answer your other question, i installed EasyBCD on the Windows 10 OS, not on other OS's. Windows 7 is my default OS.

Ex_Brit

Staff member
I have tried all of the suggestions that have been made, thanks for the advice, and none of it works. One thing I have noticed is that sometimes Ireboot will work and sometimes not. It's not important just frustrating. I don't like things that don't work.

Ex_Brit

Staff member
Well good luck :wink:

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Providing a copy of the text from EasyBCD's "Detailed Mode" when iReboot isn't working would help debug this issue @William Bennett.

I have exactly the same problem with iReboot.
I have 3 Win 10 bootable partitions set up in EasyBCD. Win 10 is my only OS.
I attach a copy EasyBCD's "Detailed Mode" output.
Cheers
Gerry

Attachments

gerryh

Cheers
Gerry
ETA
I have un installed iReboot.
When I reboot my PC I don't see the boot selection menu, it just boots into the OS partition I shut down.
Cheers
Gerry

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Cheers
Gerry
To specify, your problem is no right-click menu in iReboot?