iReboot won't start on boot Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just upgraded my Win 10 to version 1709, and the iReboot icon just will NOT appear in the tray after restart.
In the Win 10, I've turned on "Run as Administrator" in iReboot.exe and iRebootd.exe and in all the startup links for iReboot I can find.
I can start iReboot manually and then get the icon.
But I want it to start automatically again, as it used to do.
Right now, in the Win 10 after restart (before I try to start iReboot manually), the process iRebootd.exe is running (note the "d"), and the service iReboot is running. However the process iReboot.exe (without the "d") is NOT running.
And I already UNinstalled and reinstalled iReboot.
What should I do now?
FYI - my Dell PC dual-boots 7 and 10, both 64-bit.
Thanks.

How does one write to support?
Also, in my Win 10 Pro 64-bit version 1709, I put a shortcut on the desktop to ireboot.exe. When I hit it, the icon appears in the tray and I can go from there. I'm not a tech, but that feels like a very small glitch that should be fixable.

During iReboot setup, there are several components that are available to install. Make sure all of them are selected when installing.

Additionally, if it runs but only manually (i.e. not at startup) you may have disabled the startup task. You can check if iReboot appears in the list of "startup processes" in the task manager, and ensure that its status is set to enabled (see attached screenshot).

iReboot startup status.PNG

Mahmoud - sorry to duplicate, but last night I re-installed from your current link, and, yes, iReboot is in the Startup tab as enabled (as before).
However, the tray icon does not appear on reboot. iRebootd.exe and the iReboot service are running, but not iReboot.exe and not the icon.
If I start iReboot.exe manually, the icon appears and it works. (And I put a shortcut .lnk on my Win 10 desktop to do that.)
Again, this problem started when I upgraded from Win 10 64-bit version 1703 to version 1709.
Thanks.

I'm on Windows 10 1803 and have no problem with iReboot starting up on this system. Is UAC enabled on your machine?

What happens if you copy the iReboot shortcut to your startup folder or create a task in 'task scheduler' to start iReboot on login?

How does one write to support?
Also, in my Win 10 Pro 64-bit version 1709, I put a shortcut on the desktop to ireboot.exe. When I hit it, the icon appears in the tray and I can go from there. I'm not a tech, but that feels like a very small glitch that should be fixable.

I don't think this is bug as I can't reproduce it. Or maybe they've fixed it already.

B.t.w., when it happens, the task tray icon doesn't react anymore (shows no menue at right click)

I realized I never addressed this particular point. For posterity and future reference, this is the behavior of iReboot when UAC is enabled and the background service is not running (or else something catastrophic happened and the service is running but unresponsive).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back