Is My Motherboard Really Fried

scratch last remark.

ok, no go same error. HARD DRIVE WRITE ERROR- PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE--
does not recognize key strokes.

ok ran analyse HD:

following partitions can not be recovered:
D HPFS NTFS
D HFS
correct no. of cyclinders is 255 but shows 240. should i change this?

sorry its the otherway around shows 240 but set to 255. changed it but nothing, same error and same screen. i am right now at my local computer store with "almost guru" people and we are having a go. it looks more and more that the MOBO has to go. this really sucks.

like i said before i need to learn this stuff, this is just too ridiculous. thank you for all the hard work please dont stop. once i get this fixed ill be back to your site to get my HDD partitioned correctly and OS's installed CORRECTLY. thanks CG.

Your welcome Alejo, no problem and I hope you can get it fixed without costing too much, I know it can be a pain to have to buy a new mobo but hopefully it'll last a while longer.

well back and running, better than ever. nothing like the smell of a new MOBO in the morning. well new MOBO and power supply, but hey whos counting.
the good news is that it wasnt too expensive and once all said and done Vista is running perfectly and absolutely no snags. amazing how a completely (whiped clean) HDD makes installations a breeze.

thank you and see you on the flip side! :smile:

Back