It pays to complain !!

Oh wow! That's amazing, Terry... I guess most of their customers just stand and take it, so they just buy people like you off :tongueout:

If one lives in the US, EarthLink has really good deals, along with great service. They have dial up beginning at $9.95/month.

Their cable internet package is their best deal, $29.95/month for 768Kbps (everyday price). $29.95/month for 6 months, then $41.95/month thereafter for up to 6.0 to 10.0 Mbps service.
Also, a $39.90/month for 6 months, then $51.90/month thereafter for 10.0 to 15.0 Mbps service.

They also have extras at no additional cost, a complete AV/AS/Firewall package (by Sunbelt), up to 10 email addresses & a speed optimizer for dial up accounts.

EarthLink service is usually setup by whatever cable company is in the user's region. It's my understanding that those who are served by Comcast have a 250GB monthly limit imposed on them.

I'm served by Time Warner, and have the 6.0 Mbps service, it's actually 3.0 Mbps in reality (their promised level), compared to Road Runner, the speed is way better than Road Runner Lite, but not as fast as the 7.0 Mbps that I had. The reason that I switched, was that Road Runner was increasing their prices at least $10 per year.

EarthLink's current pricing has been in effect at least as far back as 2003, and I was told that there were no plans to increase them in the future.

This may not be the lowest prices for an ISP, but it's far better than many that I know pays, and in most areas, it's unlimited service. For those who are interested, their phone is 1-800-817-5508.

Cat

Addendum:

Please allow me to add, it never hurts to complain. A couple of years ago, I tried to have the TV & Phone service dropped from my cable service (Time Warner), leaving me with internet only. They gave me the runaround, telling me that I had a "package" that couldn't be broken. However, this package was over 2 years old. So I actually cancelled the entire service. They said that it would be disconnected first thing the next morning.

About 3 hours later, a rep from the "retention" department called me, and allowed me to keep Road Runner only, for $34.95/month, and upped the speed to 7Mbps with a turbo boost at the beginning of a download. Prior to this agreement, I was paying over $130/month for TV, phone (both of which I seldom use) & Road Runner Lite (768 Kbps).

So it does pay to complain. Especially in this day & time, there are usually other companies fighting for your business.

Cat

Last edited:
Don't let companies rip you off and actually check those statements, even when you're setup on auto-pay. In a single call I reduced my cell phone bill from $102 a month to $75. Thats about $30 a month I won't be paying any longer! Remember, you need the money more then they do. After all, haven't you worked hard enough for it?

Back