Know what a FPGA is? Then the Snickerdoodle is for you — and better than the Raspberry Pi

Jim Walker

Distinguished Member
Know what a FPGA is? Then the Snickerdoodle is for you — and better than the Raspberry Pi
Know what a FPGA is? Then the Snickerdoodle is for you — and better than the Raspberry Pi | ExtremeTech
"Snickerdoodle is a $55 ARM-based development board that launched as a competitor to the popular $35 Raspberry Pi. Snickerdoodle is currently in crowdfunding mode, with a projected product release date of March 2016 if the group reaches its funding goal. I spoke with Ryan Cousins, who is the co-founder and CEO of krtkl, Inc., the company attempting to manufacture the Snickerdoodle. He told me that the initial idea was to create a product for high-end industrial robotics projects. However, he and his team realized there might be interest in the board from makers and other hobbyists."

Crowdfunding link: snickerdoodle: create something different
Hacks: Hackable | Crowd Supply

Snickerdoodle may be what some here have said they are waiting for.

Last edited:
This is beyond cool, thanks for sharing, Jim! I can't believe the $55 price tag on this, it really has a good chance of changing the way professional-grade consumer electronics can be modeled and tested by entrepreneurs and new-comers to the market.

Back