Linux Freespire

Sarge

Hello,

I had Windows xp and Linux Mandrake and everything was perfect, but when i installed Linux Freespire over Linux Mandrake and wanted to boot into Windows Freespire says: "Boot loader not found, press ctrl+alt+del to restart".

Then I've installed Linux Mandrake over Freespire and when i try to boot into Windows - It's working! So, the problem is in freespire. Because i like Freespire, is there any way to make him allow boot of Windows to work?

My best guess is if I can make boot disc, and boot into Windows over it, but im not sure is it ganna work that way...

Sarge

I don't know... it looks so complicated :scared:

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Just give it a shot and holler if you get stuck :smile:

Sarge

I have an idea... what if I install Freespire, and when it says Windows boot loader not found I insert Windows disc and form the recovery console enter "fixboot", that would maybe fix Windows boot loader, and maybe not.

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
It would fix Windows, but it wouldn't do anything for Freespire. You won't be able to boot into that without configuring GRUB or another bootloader.

Sarge

It sounds like mission impossible... After all I think that Freespire is good OS for Laptops... but I'm moving to Linux Kubuntu now, because i failed to configure Wireless network on Freespire and Kubuntu have very easy Wireless network configuration tool.