Lost access to business file

sparkync

I have Quickbooks program and on 1/15/13, something happened that will not allow me to start up the program. I have went through multiple test and still nothing. My next step seems to be to wipe out everything and start over. I looked at my error reports on that day, and got several "fault module bad" reports and "APPCRASH" reports. I seen where I could download a copy of my Vista startup disk. Since I bought my computer with Vista already installed, I do not have a disk.
Is it possible that this disk will help my situation? Thanks..

Have you tried System Restore back to a restore point before the problem started ?

It won't even let me get far enough for the program to open. I can't even get to the change system settings window. It's suppose to be a "Gateway", but over the years different components have been changed. The most recent change is that changed monitors. Thought the other one was going bad. There were lines on the screen. Found out it was something else.
Like your sign "Don't Panic". I think I'm past that now. I've paniked til I can't panic no more:frowning:
I'm sorry. You may have been talking about my other computer with Quickbooks. I did try "System Restore", but only got a message, "there was an unspecified error". I tried this multiple times, even went back way past the problem date, and got the same message. Tried to uninstall and reinstall, no sucess. Had my son (who is very computer literate) check it out and he tried multiple things, and no sucess. I'm hoping that there is still something that can be done, but now I have 1 dead computer ( one I cannot get the password to, and my newest computer that I can't get quickbooks on. Bigger problem is that I had just got quickbooks on my old computer, and started putting in new data, and now it's down. I never could restore my quickbooks on my old computer, because I couldn't get internet connection to get the updates. Now I don't know exactly what to do, except try to log everything on paper until I can get this problem solved. Thanks again for your help.

Last edited:
Have you tried uninstalling it with something like Revo ? That will search deep in the registry for cr*p left behind and let you clear it before trying the reinstall.

Back