Miscellaneous Ramblings

Sarge, I thought that pic was your desk, sorry. Now you are asking me to spend another $100 - $150...:scared:
That GEForce card is ranked at just a little less than the old X1650 I had that malfunctioned.

I thought of the money if you sell your X1950. So there shouldn't be additional cost.

Yeah, try it on another computer.

Sorry guys. I tried to get back on here all last evening but was getting 503 server busy errors. I suppose that I could try the RMA route, but on checking the eBay sale I noticed that the seller has a satisfaction guaranteed 14 day "return for exchange" policy.
What would you do, send it back for exchange for another unit, or try the Sapphire fixing route straight away?
Either way I'm not going to get my money back without selling it - but I suppose it is better to make sure that it's a working unit before I sell it.

Well, if he exchanges it that's probably the more painless route.

But I don't understand - is it faulty or not? If it's a working unit, why sell it?

The trouble is I can't check to see if it's a working board as I don't have another computer to try it on. Unless I travel miles to a friends' place and I doubt that they would be willing to let me use their rig.
As I said - this is all because I got no picture. The board definitely powered up and the monitor definitely knew it was connected to something - but no picture.
Maybe I should go the RMA route - at least then I would know for sure that it is OK?

By the way, did you read that RMA form. Some of the stipulated questions I wouldn't be able to answer like the original customer PO # ...what's that?

Last edited:
I did submit a ticket by the way and am about to join their forum.

Yeah, and don't forget to tell them that their new cards are trash, and tell them that they don't know how to write a driver :evil: Just kidding :wink: 0h yeah and finish the sentence with "Nvidia here I come! *evil* haha.

Last edited:
I'm very confused. I have been checking out Sarge's suggestion for the 7600GS and the eBay guy actually sells it, but it's NOT Vista ready, yet the same card by PNY at Tigerdirect.ca ($166) is Vista ready...very confused indeed, how can one card ve Vista ready and it's identical twin not?
Here's the eBay one: http://cgi.ebay.ca/New-512MB-nVIDIA...tcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and here's the Tigerdirect one: http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2447693&CatId=318

Probably the date that thing was published.

"Vista Ready" on anything above 2005 rerlease date is actually referring to the drivers - so I guess that first was written before the final nVidia drivers shipped.

So you think it would be safe to swap for that board - if the seller goes for it, that is? Some of the vital statistics vary between the two. I'll see if I can persuade the eBay guy to give a refund I think.

Last edited:
Hey CG, I just made an interesting discovery. My monitor doesn't work using the DVI/VGA adapter on my current card, let alone the new one.
What does that indicate, other than possibly a bad DVI/VGA adapter?

Last edited:
I'm very confused. I have been checking out Sarge's suggestion for the 7600GS and the eBay guy actually sells it, but it's NOT Vista ready, yet the same card by PNY at Tigerdirect.ca ($166) is Vista ready...very confused indeed, how can one card ve Vista ready and it's identical twin not?
Here's the eBay one: http://cgi.ebay.ca/New-512MB-nVIDIA...tcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and here's the Tigerdirect one: http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2447693&CatId=318

Yes, that is confusing, they should both work with Vista, cause I bet even GeForce2 would run Vista if vista wouldn't be about special effects. However, surly good thing would be if you would go for the one which is Vista Ready, just in case :smile: First of all, take care of the X1950.

P.S. Don't you have any... ummm neighbour who has a desktop pc with agp slot? Ah, never mind, bad idea :wink:

Last edited:
I don't want to fry my neighbours PC - he's only got a 250w power supply. Plus I don't think this monster of a card would fit in his case to be honest...LOL

I did an experiment. I tried the DVI to VGA adapter again with the current card and rebooted....this time it worked. So it's not the adapter, it's the card.

Sapphire forums wanted me to install it again and look for the LED's....HUH?????? So, what would they tell me? Not that I can see any on the board anyway - it's mostly fan housing and nothing else. It would be impossible for me to see in the tower anyway due to the proximity of other components.

I've contacted the vendor about a refund.

Thanks for listening to my insane ravings folks....LOL

Last edited:
I found out that I can get 100% of my money back (minus postage of course) as long as I state that the item was DOA (Dead on arrival) LOL.
So am awaiting their authorisation.

They told me that I would get a full refund....yippee! I mailed it back today to Illinois. Hopefully the refund will be made next week sometime.

Back